Rise of Amazon - How it became a Global Conglomerate and what its Future may hold
On February 2, 2021 it was announced that Amazon founder Jeff Bezos would be stepping down as CEO, after almost 30 transformative years at the company. The following report will explore how Amazon went from a small online book retailer to an e-commerce giant, how it diversified into an empire and became one of the world’s most valuable brands, and where future growth opportunities lie under its new leadership.
- Amazon’s successful e-commerce platform has been the key driver of its impressive growth historically and has given it the financial backing to diversify its business. While the company’s astronomical growth was undoubtedly bolstered by the e-commerce boom, it has taken a number of strategic decisions since its inception which have made it stand out amongst the crowd, and truly cement itself as the leading global e-commerce giant. Despite this, it has faced challenges, most notably rising shipping costs, which have come to impact its margins.
- It is clear that Amazon’s success in the field of e-commerce is what placed it on the map. However, over the years it has quietly entered and come to dominate a number of other industries and truly diversified its revenue streams. Its entry into thriving industries such as healthcare, subscription services and its bold decision to delve into physical retail have helped the company to become a global empire. It has also allowed the company to compete directly with technology giants such as Facebook, Apple, Google and Netflix and cement itself as a formidable competitor.
- Over the years Amazon has evolved from an online book store, to an e-commerce giant and finally into a global conglomerate with business interests spanning an array of industries. One of the headlines from the Amazon Q4 financial results was that Andy Jassy, the founder and current leader at AWS, will replace Jeff Bezos as chief executive officer during Q3 of 2021, raising questions as to what the future holds for Amazon. The company has a number of ambitious plans which could see it go through yet another period of transformation. Amazon Web Services has become a key growth driver for the company and its value is set to further increase as demand for cloud computing continues to grow. The Indian online retail market also offers future growth prospects, but the company’s future there is hanging in the balance due to a bitter dispute.
- See how Amazon became the company it is today
- Examine what the future of the company looks like
- Learn what might happen with Jeff Bezos stepping down
- Understand the challenges it has going forward
Reasons To Buy
- What led to Amazon being so successful?
- What problems does it face in future?
- Can it continue to grow at the same incredible rate?
- What does the future hold for the company?