The India anticoagulants market is anticipated to record a CAGR of 9.72%, during the forecast period. The country’s key market growth propellers include the introduction of newer oral anticoagulants (NOACs), the growing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), and the increased incidence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The base year considered for the market study is 2020, while the forecast period is from 2021 to 2025.
Over the years, coumarins and heparins have been the only available anticoagulants, across the Indian market. However, the launch of newer oral anticoagulants (NOACs), with diverse therapeutic challenges is overcoming the limitations of conventional anticoagulants. Oral vitamin K antagonists (VKA), like warfarin, have continued to remain the strength of stroke prevention therapy in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF), with low-molecular-weight heparin, adjusted-dose-warfarin or aspirin, and fondaparinux, routinely used for thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis, especially in patients undergoing total hip and knee replacement. Nevertheless, VKAs are linked with significant restrains, such as, a narrow therapeutic window and the increased risk of bleeding.
Additionally, NOACs, including direct factors Xa inhibitors, like apixaban and rivaroxaban, as well as the direct thrombin inhibitor dabigatran, are presently the approved substitutes to warfarin. They are mainly used for treating prophylaxis of VTE and prophylaxis of systemic embolic events (SEE) and strokes, in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF). Moreover, the safety and efficacy of NOAcs have been proven across multiple clinical trials, as well. Hence, these factors are projected to fuel the market growth, over the forecast years.
Some of the leading companies operating in the country’s market include, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Pfizer Inc, Johnson & Johnson, Abbott Laboratories, Daiichi Sankyo, etc.
Our report offerings include:
- Explore key findings of the overall market
- Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
- Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
- Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
- Key analytics: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
- Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
- Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments