India OTT video services market is projected to grow at an aggressive CAGR of more than 30% during 2021 - 2025 due to the growing number of smartphones users, higher proliferation of smart devices, cheaper internet plans, consumer preference for good quality content, increasing urban population and rising innovation in OTT platforms in the country’s OTT video services market. Rising disposable income and increasing demand for OTT video services from young population are other factors contributing to growth in OTT video services market in India. Moreover, changing lifestyle of consumers and COVID-19 restrictions are also expected to boost OTT Video Services market in India.
India OTT video services market is categorized into By Streaming Type, By Region and By Company. In terms of Streaming Type, the market is divided into Video-on-Demand and Live. Among these, Video-on-Demand segment captured majority of the market share in FY 2019 and the segment is anticipated to lead the market throughout the forecast period due to the significant shift in consumer behavior from traditional media to digital online streaming services. Moreover, increasing availability of good quality content, higher penetration of internet, high speed connectivity and convenience of accessing video anywhere at any time from smartphones are among the key market drivers. In terms of region, the India OTT Video Service Market is categorized into North, South East & West India market. Out of these, North India holds the largest part of market in FY 2019, followed by the West India region, on account of increasing urban population, increasing number of smartphone users and growing disposable income. The growth in these regions has been largely led by the changing lifestyle of consumers and increasing consumption of OTT video services mainly by the young adults.
Some of the major players operating in India OTT video services market are Zee Entertainment Enterprises (Zee5), Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd (Disney + Hotstar), Amazon Development Center India Pvt Ltd, Netflix Entertainment Services India LLP (Netflix), ALT Digital Media Entertainment Limited, among others.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: FY 2016 - FY 2019
- Base Year: FY 2020
- Estimated Year: FY 2021E
- Forecast Period: FY 2022F - FY 2026F
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of India OTT Video Services market
- To classify and forecast India OTT Video Services market based on streaming type, regional distribution, and company.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India OTT Video Services market
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India OTT Video Services market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players involved in the India OTT Video Services market.
Key Target Audience:
- OTT Video Service providers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to OTT Video Services market
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
Market, By Streaming Type
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India OTT Video Services market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Zee Entertainment Enterprises (Zee5),
- Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd (Disney + Hotstar),
- Amazon Development Centre India Pvt Ltd,
- Netflix Entertainment Services India LLP(Netflix),
- ALT Digital Media Entertainment Limited