Data storage technologies (DSTs) are evolving with the exponential rise in the demand for high capacity and secured storage systems in the recent years. This is mainly due to the change in technological perception in the global community, which focuses on facilitating simplified interaction with the latest innovations happening around as data forms an integral part of this transformation.
From offering high-capacity storage capabilities along with providing secure and advanced data management systems, DSTs will be a driving force for majority of the technological advancements and trends in various industries. Advanced technologies and platforms such as wearable electronics, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), Internet-of-Things (IoT), smart factories will be relying completely on the data storage media to generate meaningful output to support decision making.
This technology and innovation report offers insights on prominent technologies, which are shaping up the current data storage market and are impacting various industries. The technologies include innovations in flash, hard disk drives, and embedded memory. The technology scope comprises assessment of helium hard disk drives, embedded memory such as magnetoresistive random access memory (MRAM) and resistive random access memory (ReRAM), 3D NAND flash storage, and NVMe (non-volatile memory express) storage.
Key questions answered in the report
- What is the significance of emerging DSTs?
- What are the key trending applications impacted by DSTs?
- What are the innovations in DSTs and its impact in different applications?
- Who are the major players driving innovation and adoption?
- What are the key factors influencing adoption?
- How are patents and funding driving developments and wide spread adoption?
- What are the key innovation themes?
- What are key strategic directions for stakeholders to remain competitive?