The scope of the report includes DNA data storage technologies, applications, industries, initiatives, patents, and companies. The market estimates for DNA data storage products and services are provided for 2020 as the base year, 2021, and forecast through year-end 2027.
This report reviews DNA data storage technologies, including DNA read and write technologies. It then discusses significant large-scale research initiatives that impact DNA storage, read, and write applications. The main market driving forces for DNA data storage products and services are discussed.
The report quantifies each of the main market segments for DNA data storage according to the following segments: by type (commercial, research, and prototyping); by deployment (cloud, on-premise); by application (archival, quality control, research, and prototyping); by end user (banking, financial services, and insurance; government and defense; healthcare and pharma; media and entertainment; and other); by sequencing platform (next generation sequencing, nanopore sequencing); by synthesis platform (chemical-column based; chemical-microchip based; enzymatic); and by geography (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World).
The report also includes profiles of the key companies in the DNA data storage industry. In addition, BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2019 through December 2022, including key alliance trends.
- 57 tables
- An up-to-date overview and analysis of the global markets for DNA data storage technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic revenue data from 2019 to 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the market potential for global DNA data storage technologies market, growth driving factors, and areas of focus to forecast this market into various segments and subsegments
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for global DNA data storage market in USD million terms, and corresponding market share analysis by type, component, application, deployment, sequencing platform, end-user industry and region
- Understanding of the DNA data storage technologies; DNA sequencing (read) and synthesis (write) technologies; industry structure; large-scale DNA read, write and storage initiatives and population-scale sequencing projects
- Discussion of the major market dynamics, key shifts and regulations, industry specific challenges, and other region-specific macroeconomic factors shaping the market demand for DNA data storage technologies over the coming years (2022-2027)
- Identification of the companies that are best positioned to meet this demand because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, or other advantages
- Updated information on recent mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, agreements, partnerships, product launches, and expansions in the global market
- Company profile descriptions of leading industry players, including 10x Genomics Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Illumina Inc., and Twist Bioscience Corp.