The Asia-Pacific C4ISR market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
- The advancements and developments in the field of battlefield command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for better communications and for improving the effectiveness of surveillance and reconnaissance missions are driving the Asia-Pacific C4ISR market.
- The growing demand for the development of electronic warfare by countries, such as China, India, and Japan, among others, is expected to generate more demand for the C4ISR market.
Key Market Trends
The Land Segment Dominates in terms of Market Share
Currently, the land segment dominates the market, owing to increasing territorial issues between Pakistan, China, and India as these countries share a total border of about 181,000 km. There are also issues among other countries in the region that share a common land border, which has forced them to increase and modernize their ground forces. These factors are expected to drive the procurement of armored vehicles and ground force equipment, which, in turn, is expected to generate more demand for better and advanced tactical communication links, along with ground electronic warfare.
China Dominates the Asia-Pacific C4ISR Market
China procured the highest share of the market in 2018, and it is expected to dominate the market throughout the forecast period, due to the developments of manned and unmanned aircraft, reconnaissance satellites, and sophisticated ground-based infrastructure that are deployed into China’s emerging network-centric military. Additionally, the country is involved in the development of advanced UAVs, like the Wing Loong ID UAV, designed for missions like intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR), border patrol, counter-terrorism, and anti-smuggling.
The prominent international players in the Asia-Pacific C4ISR market are Lockheed Martin Corporation, Thales Group, Raytheon Company, BAE Systems plc, and General Dynamics Corporation. However, due to the growth of indigenous development of arms, military equipment, and manned and unmanned vehicles, countries, such as China and India, are supporting the local players, including AVIC and DRDO, to develop advanced military technologies that can support the armed forces. This is expected to hamper the growth of the international players in the Asia-Pacific region.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support