The riot control equipment market is anticipated to register a CAGR of above 4% during the forecast period.
- The increasing dissatisfaction against the local governments in countries, like Nigeria, South Africa, France, Haiti, Malaysia, and Sudan, is leading to increase in major violence and riots, which is generating the demand for riot control equipment market.
- The development of advanced less-lethal weapons, along with unmanned aerial vehicles for surveillance and offensive purposes, like dropping low-velocity ammunition, pepper sprays, and other less lethal weapons, may help the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
The Offensive Equipment Segment is Expected to Experience the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
The offensive equipment segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Armed forces have been deployed in situations that required great restraint. Therefore, there is a need to apply force while limiting casualties, which emphasizes on the need for advanced riot control equipment. Future weapons may rely on technology and strategy. Some of the riot control equipment that is currently under development are optical distractors, active denial technology, lasers and laser-induced plasmas, and focused acoustics. Laser-induced plasma channel (LIPC), an electroshock weapon, uses lasers, which when fired into the atmosphere causes blooming of the gases to ionize into plasma, forming a channel for electricity. Such advanced offensive riot control equipment are expected to support the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
Europe is Expected to Experience the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
The European region is anticipated to have the highest growth during the forecast period. Several countries in Europe, like France, the United Kingdom, Greece, Romania, and Belgium, among others, are involved in riots and demonstrations, due to dissatisfaction on government. Recently, in August 2018, 50,000 to 80,000 people gathered, including many Romanian expatriates to protest against the graft at Bucharest. The protesters tried to break through the police cordon, and officers in riot gear responded with tear gas, pepper spray, and water cannon to control the crowd. Such increasing instances in this region are fuelling the procurement and deployment of riot control equipment.
The riot control equipment market is moderately fragmented, with many players who supply different types of products, like protective gear and offensive equipment, like non-lethal equipment. Some of the few prominent players in the riot control equipment market are Condor Non-lethal Technologies, The Safariland Group, LRAD Corp., Blackhawk, and Combined Systems Inc. Development of new protective equipment, like shields, vests, and helmet with new materials that are lighter in weight with better strength may help the players gain market share. Moreover, the consolidation of the market, due to mergers and acquisitions of the market players, is expected to intensify the market competition.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support