The 3D Medical and Surgical Imaging Platform Market is expected to register a CAGR of 18% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Medical and surgical imaging platforms are an essential part of the healthcare industry, widely used for clinical purposes. The advantages of 3D medical and surgical imaging platforms are virtual cutting, image pre-processing, manipulation, volume rendering, surface rendering, and virtual endoscopy.
- Certain factors, such as the various innovative solutions from platform providers in the market and investments in healthcare IT, are also responsible for driving the 3D medical and surgical imaging platform market.
- There is an increased demand for 3D medical imaging due to its vast applications in cardiology and oncology. For instance, Heart valve replacement is one of the most common procedures in cardiology. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement is considered as one minimally invasive heart valve replacement procedure. Positioning the new heart valve is a severe concern to surgeons. Surgeons prefer 3D angiography imaging software to view the anatomy during placement of heart valves as positioning new heart valve seems crucial.
- Due to the surging development of modern visualization methods and technology platforms along with rising demand for 3D imaging in the diagnosis and monitoring of chronic diseases, the market is growing. A shift toward minimally invasive procedures and increasing adoption of hybrid operating rooms are also providing traction for the market.
Scope of the Report
3D medical and surgical imaging platform incorporates various components, including hardware, software, and services in different imaging modalities. The three components together help to improve patient outcomes by offering premium optics with uncompromised platform integration, cross-specialty functionality, advanced imaging capabilities, etc. 3D medical and surgical platforms enable imaging techniques used to create 3D images of the body or body parts to help doctors diagnose accurately.
Key Market Trends
CT-Scan Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- 3D technology is widely used for medical imaging. CT scans are used to detect tumors, and to evaluate lung or chest problems. CT scanners are undergoing many technological developments that enable to better manage patient care, including high-quality images, dose guidance and regulation, spectral and multi-energy imaging, and expansion of cardiac and brain imaging.
- Technology in CT has evolved from the single-slice scanner to ultra-fast multidetector CT scanners reducing the acquisition time significantly, increasing the spatial resolution along with modifications to reduce patient radiation dose.
- On November 2018, the world’s first full-body medical scanner produced its first images. The imaging device is almost 40 times faster than current PET scans and can capture a 3D picture of the entire human body in one instant scan. The scanner is called Explorer and is the full-body scanner which combines positron emission tomography (PET) and X-ray computed tomography (CT). It is developed in a collaboration between scientists from UC Davis and engineers from Shanghai-based United Imaging Healthcare.
North America Expected to Hold Significant Share
- North America is expected to hold a significant share for the market Due to the rising number of surgeries, increasing prevalence of the chronic disease, and the growing adoption of the hybrid operating room by hospitals across the region.
- The region is witnessing an increase in automated 3D imaging scanners, and there is on-going R&D development for 3D imaging. For instance, in July 2018, GE Healthcare introduced ready to drink the oral solution, Omnipaque (Iohexol) across the United States. The solution acts as a contrast media and aids in visualization in the gastrointestinal tract.
- The market across the region is significantly growing due to increasing purchasing power of the healthcare settings, such as hospitals, long term care centers, and advanced specialty centers. Moreover, well-established healthcare infrastructure, compared to developing regions coupled with favorable reimbursement scenario, is anticipated to bode well for regional growth during the forecast period.
- Factors such as the growing adoption of automation in the healthcare sector and escalating demand for 3D imaging in diagnosis and monitoring of chronic diseases is expected to provide plenty of opportunities to several healthcare companies to expand across the region.
The 3D medical and surgical imaging platform market is consolidated owing to the presence of a few major players in the market. The market players are focusing on R&D to develop the technologically advanced products to reduce the cost and side effects associated with the products. The players in this industry are continually working on improving their product portfolio to gain competitive advantages with mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and constant innovations.
- Sep 2019 - Siemens Healthineers set up a new manufacturing facility collocated with its R&D center at Bengaluru to leverage synergies while developing offerings aligned to the future needs of customers. The company has made a Rs 20-crore investment in the new facility
- Nov 2018 - Ambra Health Inc. announced a collaboration with Google Cloud to advance healthcare research with anonymized medical imaging data. With Google Cloud’s Healthcare API, the Ambra Health Cloud PACS solution for Google Cloud helps to turn data into insights by easily de-identifying patient medical imaging data for use.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support