The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Global collagen peptide products market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 7.01% during the forecast period (2019 - 2024).
- The increasing demand in the key segments, such as dietary supplements, nutritional bars, beverages, and beauty products, has been driving the sales of collagen peptides globally.
- The global socio-economic dynamics, along with the growing geriatric population, increased budgetary allocation to the healthcare sector, the growing popularity of a preventive approach to lifestyle diseases, and the growing nutraceutical segment, have been complementing the collagen peptide products demand.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be one of the fastest-growing market owing to the robust market sentiments exhibited by China, Korea and India. The region is expected to register a CAGR of 7.01% during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
The global collagen peptide products market is segmented by type as dietary supplements, candies, chews, and gums, nutritional bars, and beverages. By functionality, the market is segmented as bone and joint health supplements, beauty, and others; by source as bovine and others; by distribution channel as grocery retail stores, pharmacies/drug stores, online retail stores, specialist stores, and others; and by geography
Key Market Trends
Increasing Use of Collagen Peptide as an Additive
New product launches by leading market players with collagen as a food additive in food and beverages and sports nutrition has been a driving factor for the global collagen peptide products market. Collagen derivatives has been used as a protein dietary supplement, carrier, food additive, edible film, and coating. The functional role of collagen peptide in the food & beverage industry is to improve the elasticity, consistency, and stability of food products. Furthermore, collagen also enhances the quality, nutritional, and health value of the products. In the form of films or coatings, collagen can function as a carrier of active substances, such as antioxidants, antimicrobials, colors, and flavors. Such enhanced roles further drive the demand for collagen peptide as a food additive.
Asia-Pacific is Likely to Experience the Highest Growth Rate
Collagen peptide-based products such as dietary supplements and beauty-from-within beverages occupy the maximum shares in Asia-Pacific, followed by Europe and North America. This is due to high consumer awareness on various benefits of such products, and the rapidly growing beauty products industry of Asian countries such as South-Korea and Japan. Thus, these countries have a major share in the collagen market, due to high usage in cosmetic and personal care products. The market is anticipated registering a slower growth rate due to high product pricing. On the other hand, owing to increasing disposable income and fast-paced industrialization, developing nations, like India, have a significant potential for growth.
The global collagen peptide products market contains a large number of regional and global players. New product launches, market expansion, partnerships, are the preferred strategic approaches adopted by most companies involved in the collagen peptide products business. Owing to the product expansions and increasing market for dietary supplements and functional food, the global players in the collagen peptide products market adopt new product launch, as their key strategy. The most active companies worldwide include Vital Proteins LLC, Equip, The Nature’s Bounty Co, and Twinlab Consolidated Corporation.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support