- Introduce marketplace in cars to the automotive sector with clear definitions and segmentation.
- Identify existing and upcoming business models offered for in-vehicle commerce of products and services.
- Classify ecosystem players according to their functions in the market.
- Analyze the future impact of marketplace operations generated from the vehicles.
- Describe the payment structure and transactions split for different business models.
- Map customers’ journey on their preferred in-car marketplace applications.
- Understand partnership models and the integration of vertical markets into the automotive industry
The use cases are categorized under car as a marketplace (screen first), car as a virtual assistant (voice first), car as an access point and car as a mini store in detail.
The addressable market size and projections until 2025 involve the first two use cases while the last two use cases talk in detail about the services and products offered along with the participants and customers. Technology platform providers and their roles are segmented under case studies for current applications and concept studies for future applications.
Secondary and primary research methods are followed in developing the analysis and opportunities within the study. Technology trends, competitive benchmark, payment methods and future predictions are also provided as part of the analysis.
The study addresses new business models, growth opportunities and recommendations for different stakeholders to envision better customer-centric decisions integrating current consumer technology and connectivity in cars.
KEY ISSUES ADDRESSED
- What is the total revenue generated from marketplace applications in 2019 and what can be expected in 2025?
- What are the different in-car marketplace use cases in the automotive industry and which one(s) will garner more value in the current and the future ecosystem?
- What are the various merchant operations and offers that are expected to create value in the automotive industry?
- Which countries are pioneering the in-car marketplace and how have the different applications evolved?
- What are the different pricing models being evaluated? What is the expected transaction per business model?
- Who are the key stakeholders involved? What are the key partnerships that need to be built to be successful?