Increase in demand for smart mobility is expected to fuel the connected car market in India
The India connected car market is estimated to be USD 9.8 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 32.5 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 22.2% from 2019` to 2025. The key factor driving the growth of the market is the increase in number of connected features in economy vehicles by OEMs. Additionally, an increase in vehicle legislation and industry compliances regarding convenience features, such as navigation, remote diagnostics, and multimedia streaming through various platforms such as Android Auto, CarPlay, and MirrorLink are driving the India connected car market. The new safety norms are encouraging automakers to equip the vehicles with safety & security connected features, which in turn is increasing the demand for connected cars. On the other hand, the absence of strong network infrastructure in India poses a challenge to the growth of the connected car market.
Embedded form is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing segment during the forecast period
The embedded form is expected to be the largest and fastest growing form factor for connected cars in India during the forecast period. One of the key drivers for the embedded form is the increase in demand for infotainment and navigation services in India. The government has also started implementing mandates for connected services. For instance, the Indian government has mandated connected features for public transport vehicles under AIS-140. The mandate will be in force from April 2018 and is expected to be implemented for passenger cars in the coming years. This has been done for the development of an intelligent transportation system (ITS), which is a key feature of a smart city. Hence, the embedded market is influenced by the government initiatives and regulations.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Emerging startups are expected to drive the connected car market in India
Recent years have seen the emergence of many start-ups in different parts of the country. These start-ups provide advanced engineering and innovative solutions that can change the current situation of the automobile industry. Also, these start-ups can prove to be a game changer by providing connected car services at optimized cost. Several OEMs have collaborated with Indian start-ups to offer connected car technologies in the Indian market. For instance, Tata Motors has partnered with various start-ups for making connected car a reality on Indian roads with advanced technological and engineering features.
The study contains insights of various industry experts, ranging from component suppliers to Tier 1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 43%, Tier 2 – 40%, Tier 3– 17%
- By Designation: C-level – 67%, D-level – 31%, Others – 2%
Major players profiled in the report are:
- Bosch (Germany)
- Denso (Japan)
- NXP (Netherlands)
- Garmin (US)
- Harman (US)
- TomTom (Netherlands)
- UNO Minda (India)
- Sasken (India)
- Delphi (UK)
- STMicroelectronics (Switzerland)
- IBM (US)
- Nuance (US)
- The report segments the India connected car market and forecasts its size, by volume and value, on the basis of platform (Android Auto, CarPlay, MirrorLink, and others), connectivity form factor (embedded, tethered, and integrated), service/application (telematics, ride sharing/hailing, and others), hardware (smart antenna, display, ECU, and sensors), and connectivity technology (cellular and DSRC). The qualitative analysis of advanced features is also provided.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
- This report contains various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (industry trends, technology overview, customer preference and competitive leadership mapping) and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging and high-growth segments of India connected car market, competitive landscape matrix, high-growth segments, government initiatives, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
- The report enables new entrants and small firms as well as established firms to understand the market better to help them acquire a larger market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned 4 strategies (market development, product development/innovation, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to strengthen their position in the market.
The report provides insights into the following points:
- Market Penetration: The report offers comprehensive information about the India connected car market and the top 12 players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: The report provides detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the India connected car market.
- Market Development: The report offers comprehensive information about the India connected car market. The report analyzes the connected car market in India and provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
- Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the India connected car market.
- Industry Trends: The report offers in-depth qualitative information of recent trends that are influencing the connected car market in India.
- Customer Preferences: The report exclusively covers the customer preferences towards the connected technology and segmented into four categories based on various connected services.