Increasing adoption of educational toys among kids to drive the growth of the global connected toys market
The global connected toys market is expected to grow from USD 5.7 billion in 2019 to USD 13.8 billion by 2024, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.3% during the forecast period. It is driven by various factors, including the growing adoption of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) toys and widespread and easy availability of connected platforms. However, the high cost of connected toys can hinder the market growth.
Among interactive devices, the app-connected drones segment to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Traditionally, kids were likely to play with remote control toys that operates with the help of controllers. With the rapid development in technology, smart devices are growing rapidly as they are easy to carry. In the tech-savvy world, children love to play with app-connected drones. For instance, DJI announced the launch of Mavic Air, which is a compact folding drone that combines the best of the Mavic Pro and Spark into one. Mavic Air uses hand gestures and a mobile app to fly.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
9–12 years age group to hold the largest market size during the forecast period
9–12 years age group children can understand and learn innovative connected toys, which include advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and speech and voice recognition. Children in the age group of 9–12 years are more likely to play fast-paced games, capable of learning and playing musical instruments, and effectively use tablets. STEM toys for the age group of 9–12 years allow children to solve difficult problem-solving games and therefore help them to enhance their creative thinking skills.
Asia Pacific (APAC) to record the highest growth rate during the forecast period
APAC is expected to hold the highest growth rate during the forecast period, due to the growing economies of countries, such as China, Japan, India, Australia, and New Zealand, and Singapore provides enormous opportunities for connected toys. Moreover, high-tech electronic toys have become increasingly popular in recent years. Interactive, electronic toys with relatively high technology content have emerged as mainstream items. Furthermore, North America is projected to hold the largest market size during the forecast period.
In-depth interviews were conducted with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), marketing directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the connected toys market.
- By company type: Tier 1 – 42%, Tier 2 – 38%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By designation: C-level – 40%, Directors – 35%, and Others – 25%
- By region: North America–35%, Europe–27%, APAC– 23%, and RoW– 15%
Major vendors offering connected toys software and services across the globe include Mattel (US), Hasbro (US), LEGO Group (Denmark), Sphero (US), Sony (Japan), PLAYMOBIL (Germany), BANDAI NAMCO (Japan), K’NEX (US), Konami (Japan), Wonder Workshop (US), PlayFusion (UK), Anki (US), WowWee (Hong Kong), DXTR Labs (Denmark), and Leka (France). The study includes the in-depth competitive analysis of these key players, along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies, in the connected toys market
- The market study covers the connected toys market across segments.
- The report aims at estimating the connected toys market size and future growth across segments, namely, interacting devices, age groups, and regions.
- Furthermore, it also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market, their strengths and weaknesses, recent developments, and key strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
- The report would provide the market leaders/new entrants in this market with information about the closest approximations of the revenue numbers of the overall connected toys market and its subsegments. It would help stakeholders understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to better position their businesses and plan suitable go-to-market strategies. It helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information about key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.