“The dental biomaterials market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4%.”
The global dental biomaterials market is projected to reach USD 9.6 billion by 2023, from USD 6.7 billion in 2018 growing at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2018 to 2023. Factors such as the increasing prevalence of dental disorders, rising geriatric population, growing dental tourism in developing countries, and increasing disposable income are the major factors driving the growth of this market. On the other hand, stringent regulatory and clinical processes are expected to restrain market growth to a certain extent.
“The natural biomaterial segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
Based on type, the dental biomaterials market is broadly segmented into metallic, ceramic, polymeric, metal-ceramic, and natural biomaterials. The natural biomaterials segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Developments in the natural dental biomaterials market are highly influenced by the recent developments in the field of nanotechnology, leading to the development of improved dental bone grafts. Moreover, this segment offers significant opportunities to market players due to its low market penetration.
“Technological advancements in the orthodontic brackets expected to drive the growth.”
Based on application, the dental biomaterials market is segmented into implantology, prosthodontics, orthodontics, and other applications. The orthodontics application segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The high growth of this segment is driven by technological advancements in orthodontic brackets (such as self-ligating brackets), the presence of a large patient base with malocclusions, and the increasing incidence of jaw diseases are the key factors driving the growth of this market.
“APAC is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.”
Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. High growth of this region is expected to be driven by factors such as the increasing number of dental professionals, rising incidence of dental diseases, and growing number of tooth repair procedures.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
- By Company Type – Tier 1–31%, Tier 2–45% and Tier 3–24%
- By Designation – C-level–24%, Director Level–47%, Others–29%
- By Region – North America–34%, Europe–32%, Asia-Pacific–16%, Latin America–10%, Middle East & Africa–8%
The prominent players in the global dental biomaterials market are Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland), Geistlich Pharma AG (Switzerland), Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (US), Danaher Corporation (US), Dentsply Sirona, Inc. (US), 3M Company (US), Royal DSM (Netherlands), Carpenter Technology Corporation (US), Kuraray Co., Ltd (Japan), Medtronic Plc. (Ireland), Henry Schein, Inc. (US), Mitsui Chemicals ,Inc. (Japan), Victrex Plc (UK), Ivoclar Vivadent AG (Principality of Liechtenstein), GC Corporation (Japan), Keystone Dental, Inc. (US), Datum Dental Ltd (Israel), BEGO Medical GmbH (Germany), and Cam Bioceramics B.V (Netherland).
- The report analyzes the various types of dental biomaterials and their adoption patterns. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the global dental biomaterials market for different segments such as type, application, end user, and region.
- The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Key benefits of buying the report
- The report will allow established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them, garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening the market.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the global dental biomaterials market. The report analyzes the global dental biomaterials market by type, application, end user, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and new product launches in the global dental biomaterials market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging regions by type, application, end user, and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, and recent developments in the global dental biomaterials market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, and products of leading players in the global dental biomaterials market