Electricity Retailing Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2027 (Global Almanac)
Global Electricity Retailing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2017-22, and forecast to 2027). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The electricity retailing market includes net consumption of electricity by end-users, segmented by industrial, transportation, commercial & public services, and residential consumption. The scope of others includes agriculture, forestry, and the fishing industry’s net electricity consumption.
- The market volume is calculated as the net volume of electricity consumed in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to average annual retail electricity prices per kilowatt hour (kWh), including applicable taxes and levies. Please note that 1 TWh is identical to 1,000 gigawatt hours (GWh), or 1 billion kilowatt hours (kWh). A kilowatt-hour is defined as the expenditure of one kilowatt over one hour.
- Market shares are calculated based on total retail sales to end-users across all segments. In some countries where data on company retail sales is limited, total sales by power companies are used to indicate market share.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation). All currency conversions in this report have been calculated using constant 2022 annual average exchange rates.
- The global electricity retailing market had total revenues of $2,790.5 billion in 2022, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% between 2017 and 2022.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.7% between 2017 and 2022, to reach a total of 24,025.2 TWh in 2022.
- In 2022, the US held the largest share in the North American electricity retailing market, accounting for 85.4%. Continuously increasing population is one of the major factors driving the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global electricity retailing market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global electricity retailing market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key electricity retailing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global electricity retailing market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global electricity retailing market by value in 2022?
- What will be the size of the global electricity retailing market in 2027?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global electricity retailing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global electricity retailing market?