Introduction to the Global Advanced Dental Digital and Robotics Solutions Market
The global advanced dental digital and robotics solutions market was valued at $3.82 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach $8.99 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 9.15% between 2023 and 2032. The growing awareness of the significance of oral health and an increased demand for cosmetic dentistry and minimally invasive procedures are propelling the adoption of advanced dental solutions.
Introduction to Advanced Dental Digital and Robotics Solutions
The global advanced dental digital and robotics solutions market is a dynamic and rapidly evolving sector within the healthcare industry. It encompasses a wide range of technological innovations and applications aimed at enhancing the field of dentistry. This market includes cutting-edge digital tools, equipment, and robotic systems designed to improve dental diagnosis, treatment, and patient care. Advanced dental digital and robotics solutions represent innovative technologies that have been integrated into the field of dentistry to enhance various aspects of patient care, diagnostics, treatment planning, and procedures.
The advanced dental digital and robotics solutions market has made an impact in the following ways:
- Improved Patient Care:
- Digital solutions, such as 3D scanning and computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology, have enhanced the precision and accuracy of dental procedures, resulting in improved patient outcomes.
- Robotics can assist in delicate and repetitive tasks, reducing the margin of error and the risk of complications during surgeries.
- Efficiency and Productivity:
- Digital technologies have streamlined the workflow in dental practices, reducing the time required for procedures such as crowns and bridges.
- Robotics can work in conjunction with dental professionals to automate tasks such as tooth preparation, further increasing efficiency.
- Enhanced Diagnostics:
- Digital imaging and diagnostic tools allow for early detection of dental issues, helping to prevent more serious problems.
- Robotics can be used to precisely analyze and measure dental structures for diagnostics.
- Personalized Treatment:
- Digital solutions enable the creation of custom prosthetics and restorations that are tailored to the patient’s unique anatomy.
- Robotics can assist in the fabrication of patient-specific dental components.
- Patient Experience:
- Advanced technologies can make dental procedures less invasive, reducing patient discomfort and anxiety.
- Automation through robotics can lead to quicker and more comfortable treatments.
- Data and Records Management:
- Digital dental records and management systems help dentists track patient histories and treatment plans efficiently.
- Robotics can assist in organizing and retrieving patient data.
- Training and Education:
- Digital and robotic technologies have opened up new avenues for dental education and training, allowing students to practice on realistic models and simulations.
Segmentation 1: by Product
- Digital Solutions
Digital Solutions to Dominate the Global Advanced Dental Digital and Robotics Solutions Market (by Product)
Digital Solutions is dominating the market as they involve using digital technology to enhance and improve different aspects of dental care. These solutions include a variety of tools and technologies that assist in tasks such as diagnosis, treatment planning, keeping records, and managing dental services. Such digital solutions include digital imaging systems, CAD/CAM technology, 3D printers, and robotic surgical systems, among others, which are revolutionizing dental care.
Segmentation 2: by End User
- Dental Clinics
Hospitals are dominating the market as they represent a crucial end user. Dental departments within hospitals employ advanced technologies and robotic solutions to provide a comprehensive array of dental services to patients.
Segmentation 3: by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Based on region, North America dominated the global advanced dental digital and robotics solutions market in terms of market size in FY2022. However, the Asia-Pacific region, encompassing numerous emerging economies, is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.04% during the forecast period from 2023 to 2032.
Recent Developments in the Global Advanced Dental Digital and Robotics Solutions Market
- In March 2023, PLANMECA OY introduced new AI-based tools for Planmeca Romexis, which is recognized as a powerful software platform in dentistry. This platform encompasses a wide array of tools for dental imaging, diagnosis, and treatment planning across various indications and dental specialties.
- In March 2023, PLANMECA OY introduced Planmeca Viso G3, which provides dental practices with a comprehensive range of imaging tools, harnessing the advantages of proven next-generation imaging technology.
- In March 2023, Straumann Group introduced its digital dentistry solutions at the International Dental Show (IDS) in Cologne. These releases included Straumann’s digital solutions for implantology and also featured new elements from the Group’s orthodontic brand, Clear Correct.
- In September 2022, PLANMECA OY introduced a new software module for Planmeca Romexis. The Planmeca Romexis CAD/CAM module streamlined the scan-and-send workflow for capturing, analyzing, and exporting digital impressions, offering new intraoral scanner users a smooth entry into the world of CAD/CAM dentistry.
- In May 2023, 3M entered into agreements with Pierrel to sell assets related to the dental local anesthetic business. As part of its strategic portfolio management, 3M chose to divest these products and focused on investments that utilized its core Oral Care technologies in the healthcare business.
- In January 2022, Colgate-Palmolive partnered with 3Shape A/S to deliver an innovative, personalized teeth whitening experience through the 3Shape Unite platform. The company introduced the Colgate Illuminator, an exclusive tooth whitening tool tailored to patients, to dental clinics across the U.S. This tool improved consultation accuracy and enhanced the patient’s experience.
- In May 2022, Envista Holdings Corporation acquired Osteogenics Biomedical Inc., Allotech LLC, and OBI Biologics, Inc. These acquisitions, particularly the addition of the Osteogenics Cytoplast brand, significantly expanded the company’s product offerings in the field of bone grafting. The Cytoplast brand provides a diverse range of bone grafting products, contributing to improved bone stability and enhanced clinical outcomes for dental patients.
- In September 2023, Straumann Group signed an agreement to acquire AlliedStar, a manufacturer of intraoral scanners (IOS) in China. This acquisition allowed the Group to offer a competitive intraoral scanner solution to customers in China and explore price-sensitive markets and customer segments in the future.
- In April 2023, Henry Schein, Inc. successfully finalized its acquisition of a majority ownership stake in Biotech Dental. The integration of Biotech Dental’s software with Henry Schein One’s top-tier practice management software solutions allowed customers to optimize both clinical and administrative workflows, ultimately benefiting patients.
- In September 2023, Dentsply Sirona and 3Shape A/S expanded their workflow integrations to provide dental professionals with the ability to use a scan-to-lab workflow or establish design and manufacturing protocols directly in their practice through DS Core and 3Shape Unite.
- In October 2022, Neocis, Inc. secured an additional $40 million in funding led by Vivo Capital, Mithril Capital Management, Norwest Venture Partners, and Fred Moll. This funding followed the increasing adoption of robotics in implant dentistry, with over 20,000 implants placed using the Yomi system to date.
- In March 2023, Relu, a dental software company specializing in AI-driven digital dental treatment planning, secured $2.12 million in seed funding from investors in the global dental industry, including the Dental Innovation Alliance. The funding would be used to enhance Relu’s AI algorithms and expand its support to dental software companies, with a focus on EU and US markets.
- In December 2022, Overjet, a pioneer in dental artificial intelligence, obtained its third FDA clearance, which expanded its detection capabilities. It became the sole dental AI technology with FDA clearance to quantify bone level measurements, detect and outline cavities, and identify calculus on radiographs. This real-time analysis and annotations assisted dentists in making accurate and confident diagnoses.
Demand – Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
Market Demand Drivers:
High Prevalence of Oral Diseases: Oral diseases stand as one of the most widespread health issues globally, imposing significant health and economic challenges and diminishing the well-being of those impacted. The primary oral diseases of utmost prevalence and consequence worldwide encompass dental caries (commonly known as tooth decay), periodontal disease, tooth loss, and cancers affecting the lips and oral cavity. According to the 2022 WHO Global Oral Health Status Report, nearly 3.5 billion people worldwide are affected by oral diseases, and three-quarters of those affected reside in middle-income countries.
High Cost Associated with Dental Procedures: The recurrent costs associated with the replacement of sensors, radiographic films, and software increase the operational costs for healthcare providers. Moreover, digital sensors used in radiography need to be compatible with imaging software. The data generated through radiographic acquisition is required to be interoperable with practice management software.
Growing Dental Tourism in Emerging Economies: The rising costs of healthcare and dental services in developed countries are pushing people to choose dental tourism. This is because many countries don’t provide insurance coverage for major elective dental surgeries. Additionally, getting treatment in countries such as India, Thailand, and China is cheaper than in North America and Europe.
How can this report add value to an organization?
Product/Innovation Strategy: The global advanced dental digital and robotics solutions market has been extensively segmented based on various categories, such as product, end user, and region. This can help readers get a clear overview of the segments accounting for the largest share and the ones that are well-positioned to grow in the coming years.
Key Considerations and Assumptions in Market Engineering and Validation
- Detailed secondary research was performed to ensure maximum coverage of manufacturers/suppliers operational in a country.
- Exact revenue information, up to a certain extent, was extracted for each company from secondary sources and databases. The revenues related to the product and end user were estimated for each market player based on fact-based proxy indicators as well as primary inputs.
- The scope of this report has been carefully derived based on interactions with experts in different companies across the world. This report provides a market study of advanced dental digital and robotics solutions.
- The market contribution of the advanced dental digital and robotics solutions anticipated to be launched in the future has been calculated based on historical analysis. This analysis has been supported by proxy factors such as the innovation scale of the companies, the status of funding, collaborations, customer base, and patent scenario.
- The scope of availability of advanced dental digital and robotics solutions in a particular region has been assessed based on a comprehensive analysis of companies’ prospects, the regional end user perception, and other factors impacting the launch of products in that region.
- The base year considered for the calculation of the market size is 2022. A historical year analysis has been done for the period FY2018-FY2021. The market size has been estimated for FY2022 and projected for the period FY2023-FY2032.
- Revenues of the companies have been referenced from their annual reports for FY2021 and FY2022. For private companies, revenues have been estimated based on factors such as inputs obtained from primary research, funding history, product approval status, market collaborations, and operational history.
- Regional distribution of the market revenue has been estimated based on the companies in each region and the adoption rate of advanced dental and robotics solutions. All the numbers have been adjusted to a single digit after the decimal for better presentation in the report. However, the real figures have been utilized for compound annual growth rate (CAGR) estimation. The CAGR has been calculated for the period 2023-2032.
- The market has been mapped based on the available advanced dental and robotics solutions. All the key companies with significant offerings in this field have been considered and profiled in this report.
- Market strategies and developments of key players have been considered for the calculation of the potential of the market in the forecast period.
The primary sources involve industry experts in the global advanced dental digital and robotics solutions market, including the market players offering advanced dental and robotics solutions. Resources such as COOs, vice presidents, product managers, directors, territory managers, and business development have been interviewed to obtain and verify both qualitative and quantitative aspects of this research study.
The key data points taken from the primary sources include:
- Validation and triangulation of all the numbers and graphs
- Validation of the report’s segmentation and key qualitative findings for advanced dental and robotics solutions
- Understanding the competitive landscape and business model
- Current and proposed production values of a product by market players
- Validation of the numbers of the different segments of the market in focus
- Percentage split of individual markets for regional analysis
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA), World Health Organization (WHO), National Center for Biotechnology Information, and, among others, were used as open sources for the market estimation of the global advanced dental digital and robotics solutions market.
- Annual reports, SEC filings, and investor presentations of the leading market players
- Company websites and detailed study of their portfolios
- Gold standard magazines, journals, whitepapers, press releases, and news articles
The key data points taken from the secondary sources include:
- Segmentation and percentage share estimates
- company and country understanding, and data for market value estimation.
- Key industry/market trends
- Developments among top players
- Qualitative insights into various aspects of the market, key trends, and emerging areas of innovation
- Quantitative data for mathematical and statistical calculations
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on inputs gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration.
Some prominent names in this market are:
- 3Shape A/S
- Acteon Group
- Align Technology, Inc.
- Beijing Baihui Weikang Technology Co., Ltd.
- Cefla s.c.
- Dentsply Sirona, Inc.
- Envista Holdings Corporation
- Image Navigation
- Midmark Corporation
- Neocis, Inc.
- PLANMECA OY
- Straumann Group
- VATECH Co., Ltd.
This report will be delivered in 2-3 working days.