The current report provides detailed analysis of the market for pain management drugs and devices. It highlights the current and future market potential of pain management drugs and devices and gives a detailed analysis of the market’s drivers, restraints and challenges. The report also covers market projections for 2028 and provides market rankings for key market players. It also covers the competitive environment and regulatory landscape, and it details the market share of pain management drugs and devices based on product and application. Based on products, the global pain management drugs and devices market is segmented into pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Based on applications, the market is segmented into post-operative pain, neuropathic pain, cancer pain, migraine/headache, musculoskeletal pain and other applications. The report includes company profiles of the key players with detailed information about their business segments, financials, product portfolios and recent developments.
The market has been divided by geography into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the world. The North American region comprises countries such as the U.S. and Canada; Europe includes countries Germany, U.K., Italy, France and the Rest of Europe; Asia-Pacific includes countries China, India, Japan and the Rest of Asia-Pacific. For market estimates, data has been provided for 2020 and 2021, which serve as the historical years; 2022 is the base year; and forecast data is given for 2028.
Not covered in the report are drugs or devices that relieve pain by treating the specific condition or disorder. These include treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis or other similar diseases. Only those disease-specific treatments that involve a relief of the pain symptoms associated with the respective condition are included.
Here is a comparison of a treatment for a disease (in this case, rheumatoid arthritis) that naturally relieves symptoms vs. a treatment for the relief of the pain associated with the disease -
- Enbrel: Indicated for the treatment of moderate-to-severe rheumatoid arthritis.
- Celebrex: Indicated for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and the management of acute pain.
- 44 data tables and 37 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for pain management drugs and devices
- Estimates of the market size and analyses of global market trends with data from 2020-2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2028
- Assessment of pain, history of pain and pain management, and information on physical pain treatment modalities and psychological pain therapies.
- Coverage of emerging technologies in the pain management market, an assessment of technology advances in opioid drugs, as well as in non-narcotic drugs, which has revolutionized pain management by providing practical alternatives to opioids.
- Assessment of factors driving the industry’s growth, including market opportunities and restraints
- Examination of product categories, clinical trials, new regulatory requirements and relevant patents
- Coverage of market trends in undertreatment issues, professional issues, managed care pain issues, new therapies, product pipelines, generics, pain research and drug delivery
- Company profiles of major players within the industry, including Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Assertio Holdings Inc., Gr?nenthal GmbH, and Johnson & Johnson