Hybrid and Electric Cars Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2027 (Global Almanac)
Global HYBRID & ELECTRIC CARS industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: Market size (value and volume 2017-22, and forecast to 2027). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the Market.
- The hybrid and electric cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new electric and hybrid passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons/sedans, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s, and other related vehicles.
- The market value is calculated at the retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold.
- The electric cars segment refers to all-electric vehicles only, namely Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs).
- The hybrid cars segment refers to all types of hybrid electric cars such as full-standard Hybrid Electric Vehicles (FHEVs), and mild and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (MHEVs and PHEVs). The other alternative fuel vehicles (e.g., LPG, Hydrogen fuel cell, or 48vMEHVs) are not included.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2022 annual average exchange rates.
- The global hybrid & electric cars market had total revenues of $669.1 billion in 2022, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 39.8% between 2017 and 2022.
- Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 33.8% between 2017 and 2022, to reach a total of 15,565,020.1 units in 2022.
- The growth in the global hybrid & electric cars market is influenced by several macroeconomic factors, such as rising GDP, growing consumer confidence, and an increase in disposable income among individuals. For instance, according to the University of Michigan, the consumer confidence index in the US stood at 71.2 in August 2023, up from 64.4 in June 2023.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global hybrid & electric cars Market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global hybrid & electric cars Market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key hybrid & electric cars Market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global hybrid & electric cars Market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global hybrid & electric cars Market by value in 2022?
- What will be the size of the global hybrid & electric cars Market in 2027?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global hybrid & electric cars Market?
- How has the Market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global hybrid & electric cars Market?