Global Airport Sleeping Pods market is witnessing rapid growth and is expected to grow at a significant growth rate in the coming years. This growth is attributed to the rising number of international tourists and business travelers across the globe. Moreover, many hotels do not offer hourly stay to their customers, and thus, this gap is now being filled by sleeping pod companies which are offering hourly stay for their customers. This not only helps the consumer to save money but also helps them relax themselves in the case of flight delay or long layovers.
Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market Scope
Airport sleeping pods are capsules-shaped beds that are installed in various airports around the globe. These pods offer a resting and sleeping environment for travelers and can accommodate one or multiple passengers. Common features of airport sleep pods include compartments for baggage, power sockets for the charging of electronic devices, and lamp lights for book-reading. Airport sleeping pods are available in a wide range of sizes, some of which are so large that they can be sometimes called mini hotels.
Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market Overview
The average layover time for domestic flights is 60-90 minutes and around 2-3 hours for international flights. Hence, to counter with these high layover hours, many consumers prefer to spend their time in sleeping pods, which significantly contributes to the growth of sleeping pods market, globally.
Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market Drivers
The demand for airport sleeping pods is rapidly rising, owing to various reasons. For instance, one major situation contributing to the market growth is the growing travel and business travels, globally. In 2022, there were around 460 million business travelers and according to the data provided by United States agency for tourism, more than 900 million tourists made foreign trips in 2022. Additionally, as the countries eased the pandemic restrictions, an estimated 235 million tourists travelled internationally in the first three months which is more than double in comparison with the same period of 2022. Thus, the rise in travel for tourism and business creates a major demand for sleeping pods, as many of the travelers prefer to use sleeping pods for taking rest and sleep.
Furthermore, the major reason which forces consumers to use sleeping pods is the delay of flights, globally. According to the article published by Forbes in June 2023, an average of 30,000 flights gets delayed per day globally, which includes 7,000 to 9,000 flights daily in United States. Moreover, as air travel has become more accessible and cost-effective in recent years, it has led to the rise in the number of travelers arriving at airports daily. However, lengthy layovers and flight delays can be especially difficult for those who require rest and relaxation but lack access to comfortable sleeping accommodations. Consequently, the idea of sleeping pods in airports has become increasingly popular, providing travelers with a private and secure place to unwind during their stay.
Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market Trends
The increased spending by governments to boost airport infrastructure is expected to contribute to the market growth of sleeping pods market, globally. For instance, in 2022, the United States government announced a funding of around USD1 billion to improve 85 airports across the country. The global market is projected to experience a significant increase in revenue due to the development of innovative products to enhance the quality of passenger services, globally. Additionally, the demand for high-end airport services among individuals, is expected to increase significantly.
The global market for smart airports with a range of passenger-friendly services is expected to expand over the next decade as a result of successful product penetration and acceptance by the public around the world. Additionally, the demand for waiting rooms is expected to increase, as is the number of capsule hotels in airports due to an increase in air passenger traffic. If the company partners with airlines or hotels, there’s potential for cross promotion and joint marketing initiatives. Airlines can advertise sleeping pod to their travelers, and hotels can expand their brand appeal by providing pod services at airports. Customizable features, like lighting, temperature, and privacy, can be tailored to your passenger’s preferences. Travelers love personalized experiences, and that’s what sets the business apart from the competition.
Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market Challenges
However, the main barriers to growth in the global market are high manufacturing and maintenance costs. Many airports have strict regulations regarding safety of electrical equipment inside the premises of airports, which further creates challenges for sleeping pods companies to set-up their pods inside the airport.
Furthermore, restricted airport space availability and limited number of pods are creating a significant barrier for the growth of sleeping pods market globally as there might be a situation that the company might be able to provide sleeping pods service for limited passengers only, during peak hours. Thus, it eventually reflects a negative image of the brand in front of the consumer and can further restrict the market growth in the coming years.
• In 2023, sleep n’ fly launched their sleeping pod service at Hamad International Airport, Doha, after their successful run in Dubai.
• In 2022, the Chennai Airport, India gets sleeping pod facility “Sleepzo” which is equipped with four bed sized capsules and has amenities like reading lights, charging station, USB charger, luggage space, ambient light & blower control, and can accommodate one adult and a kid.
• In 2022, an Italian startup namely “Zzzleepandgo” started rentable sleeping pods facility at Vienna airport. The sleeping pods are equipped with USB ports, free W-Lan as well as shelves and a foldable table. The pods also feature a multimedia entertainment system to stream films and music as well as to control ventilation, lighting, and to darken the room.
• As air travel continues to grow, there’s a growing need for comfortable resting places at airports. Many travelers experience extended layovers, late flights, or even overnight stays, making sleeping pods as a convenient solution. By providing sleeping pods at airports, the company can significantly enhance the passenger experience. Passengers will be able to relax, rest or sleep in private while on the go. This will lead to improved customer experience and loyalty. By partnering with airports, the company can create a win-win situation as the airport amenities and services can be improved by providing sleeping pods. Businesses can benefit from a large client base and prime location within airports. Furthermore, advanced sleeping pod systems are the result of cutting-edge technology. Smart controls, entertainment, wireless charging and personalization are just a few features out of many, that can improve the overall user experience.
• As air travel continues to grow around the world, there is a potential to expand the use of sleeping pods to new and developing markets. For instance, airports in developing countries or areas with a high level of tourist activity could be potential markets for expansion. Although sleeping pods are the main focus of the airport pod market, there is scope for diversification. For instance, workspaces, meeting areas, or relaxation areas can be incorporated into the pod designs to meet the needs of a wider range of passengers. Additionally, incorporating sustainable features into sleeping pod designs can draw in environmentally conscious travelers. Utilizing eco-friendly materials and energy-efficient systems as well as implementing recycling programs can help to improve the environmental impact of the airport. Furthermore, providing additional services such as luggage storage, showers, and food and beverage options near the sleeping pods can improve the convenience of passengers and provide additional revenue streams.
The global airport sleeping pods market is segmented based on product type, stay hours and price range. Based on product type, the market is divided into single occupancy, shared occupancy. On the basis of stay hours, the market is fragmented into less than 2 hours and more than 2 hours. Furthermore, on the basis of price range, the market is divided into economic, premium.
SleepCare Investment, Inc., Minute Suites, LLC, Napcabs GmbH, Urban Pod Private Limited, Nine Hours Inc., Sleep ’n fly, i20 LLC (Metronaps), SAMS Snooze At My Space Private Limited., are some of the major companies operating in the global airport sleeping pods market.
In this report, global airport sleeping pods market has been segmented into the following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
• Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market, By Product Type:
• Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market, By Stay Hours:
–Less than 2 Hours
–More than 2 hours
• Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market, By Price Range:
• Global Airport Sleeping Pods Market, By Region:
· United States
· United Kingdom
· South Korea
–Middle East & Africa
· Saudi Arabia
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the global airport sleeping pods market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
• Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).