The global Blue ammonia market is estimated to grow from USD 78 million in 2023 to USD 7,664 million by 2030; it is expected to record a CAGR of 62.3% from 2024 to 2030. Governments are passing favourable rules and providing financial incentives to encourage the use of blue ammonia technologies. These programmes include research and development funding, subsidies for blue ammonia production and infrastructure, and legislation encouraging the use of blue ammonia in various industries. These types of initiatives have contributed to the expansion of the blue ammonia market.
“Steam Methane Reforming: The largest segment of the blue ammonia market, by technology “
Based on sector, the blue ammonia market has been split into three segments: steam methane reforming, autothermal reforming and gas partial oxidation. Steam methane reforming is expected to be the second largest segment during the forecast period followed by autothermal reforming. As companies and regions seek to reduce their carbon footprints, blue ammonia serves as a bridge solution, allowing them to continue using existing natural gas infrastructure while shifting to a more sustainable energy source.
“By application, the industrial feestock segment is expected to be the largest segment during the forecast period.”
Based on application, the blue ammonia market is segmented into transportation, power generation and industrial feedstock. The industrial feedstock segment is expected to be the largest segment the blue ammonia market during the forecast period owing to the rise in demand from the fertilizer industry. Furthermore, the burgeoning blue ammonia economy in the chemical industry is supported by policymaker initiatives at the European and national levels, with an estimated investment of ? 430 billion necessary by 2030. Methanol output in North America is likely to increase significantly. Companies in North America are forging strategic alliances to boost methane and ammonia production. For example, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. purchased an ammonia production facility in Waggaman from Incitec Pivot Limited.
"Asia Pacific": The second-largest in the blue ammonia market"
Asia Pacific is expected to have the second-largest market share in the blue ammonia market between 2023–2030, followed by Europe and North America. Asia Pacific is a significant market for green technology adoption to meet government targets for cutting GHG emissions. Japan and South Korea have been heavily investing in fuel cell adoption since 2009, owing to the commercialization of Japanese fuel cell micro-CHP products. Investment in the energy sector has expanded dramatically over the previous five years, which is expected to assist the blue ammonia generation market. China and India are the world’s most populous countries, and agriculture remains a key element of their economies.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject-matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants, among other experts, to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information and assess future market prospects.
The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 60%, Tier 2- 25%, and Tier 3- 15%
- By Designation: C-Level- 35%, Director Levels- 25%, and Others- 40%
- By Region: North America- 25%, Europe- 25%, Asia-Pacific - 30 %, Rest of the World – 20%.
Note: Others include sales managers, engineers, and regional managers.
Note: The tiers of the companies are defined on the basis of their total revenues as of 2022. Tier 1: > USD 1 billion, Tier 2: From USD 500 million to USD 1 billion, and Tier 3: < USD 500 million
The blue ammonia market is dominated by a few major players that have a wide regional presence. The leading players in the blue ammonia market are Linde plc (Ireland), Air products and Chemicals, Inc. (US), Air Liquide (France), Worthington Industries (US), Cryolor (France), Hexagon Purus (Norway), and NPROXX (Netherlands). The major strategy adopted by the players includes new product launches, contracts & agreements and, investments & expansions.
The report defines, describes, and forecasts the global blue ammonia market by sector, application, and region. It also offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market. The report comprehensively reviews the major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. It also covers various important aspects of the market. These include an analysis of the competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value, and future trends in the blue ammonia market.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
- The key element driving the blue ammonia market is increased regulations addressing greenhouse gas emissions. Furthermore, governments are expanding their efforts to establish blue ammonia as maritime fuel, as well as their focus on achieving net zero emissions targets by 2050 in the blue ammonia market. Despite the fact that the high production cost of blue ammonia is the biggest difficulty confronting countries in the blue ammonia market.
- Product Development/ Innovation: The growing demand for blue ammonia from industries is driving substantial product development and innovation in the blue ammonia market. Companies are investing in the development of modern blue ammonia production technology that is tailored to the specific needs of industry.
- Market Development: Linde plc has agreed to supply green blue ammonia to Evonik, a well-known specialty chemicals company, on a long-term basis. Under this agreement, Linde will construct, own, and manage a nine-megawatt alkaline electrolyzer facility on Singapore’s Jurong Island. This plant’s major output will be green blue ammonia, which Evonik wants to employ in the synthesis of methionine, an essential element in animal feed.
- Market Diversification: Edmonton International Airport has selected Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. as the blue ammonia and technology provider for Alberta’s first blue ammonia fuel cell passenger car fleet. Air Products will station a mobile blue ammonia refueler at the airport to supply blue ammonia to the Toyota Mirai fleet of blue ammonia fuel cell vehicles.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, and service offerings of leading players like include Yara International ASA (Norway), Saudi Arabian Oil Co. (Saudi Arabia), OCI (UK), Ma’aden (Saudi Arabia), and CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (US).