Airlines Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2027 (Global Almanac)
Global Airlines industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2018-22, and forecast to 2027). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
- The airlines industry covers passenger air transportation, including scheduled flights but excludes air freight transport. The market segments include charter, low-cost, and full-service airlines.
- Industry volume is defined as the total number of seats sold by airlines registered in a particular country or region. Industry value is defined as the total airline revenue generated from passenger traffic. It is calculated by multiplying the average revenue per passenger by the number of seats sold.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2022 annual average exchange rates.
- The global airlines industry had total revenues of $661.2 billion in 2022, representing a negative compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% between 2017 and 2022.
- Industry consumption volumes declined with a CAGR of 4.8% between 2017 and 2022, to reach a total of 3.96 billion number of seats in 2022.
- In the global industry, the US is the largest industry followed by Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
According to in-house research, in 2022, the US accounted for a share of 35.1% of the global airlines and 35.1% of the North American airlines industry.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global airlines industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global airlines industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global airlines industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global airlines industry by value in 2022?
- What will be the size of the global airlines industry in 2027?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global airlines industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global airlines industry?