The report analyses the global active, controlled, intelligent packaging market for food and beverage based on segmentation of type and application. These segmentations are further analyzed at the global and regional levels.
The base year considered for analysis is 2022, and the market estimates and forecasts are given from 2023 to 2028. The market estimates are only provided in terms of revenue (U.S dollars, millions).
The scope for the active, controlled, intelligent packaging market for food and beverage is segmented into:
- Oxygen scavenger sachets.
- Oxygen scavengers/absorbers included in package and oxygen scavenger films.
- Oxygen scavengers/absorbers added to foods.
- Moisture control technology during packaging.
- Desiccant packages with combined moisture/mildew protection and desiccant sachets.
- Moisture control liners and lids.
- Ethylene absorbing filters and liners.
- Ethylene filtration systems.
- Ethylene absorbing sachets.
- Whey and other protein-based edible films.
- Pectin-based edible films.
- Edible polymer films.
- Polysaccharide edible films.
- Cellulose ether-based edible films.
- Gellan gum-based edible films.
- Molecular attachment chemistry (non-migrating).
- Barrier/laminate (non-migrating).
- Antimicrobial additives added during packaging (migrating).
- Packaging components with surface and sub-surface migration.
- Ethanol emitters.
- Self-venting films.
- Microwave susceptors.
- Temperature control packaging.
- Modified atmosphere packaging.
- Gas flushing.
- Permeable/barrier films.
- Compensated vacuum.
- Static CAP.
- Flushed CAP.
- Pouch-based retort packaging.
- Rolled stock retort packaging.
- Lidding type retort packaging.
- Sous-vide for fully cooked foods.
- Sous-vide for raw foods.
- Sous-vide for partially cooked foods.
- Partially degradable biocomposites.
- Complete oxidative/hydrolytic biodegradable.
- Compostable biocomposites.
- Radio frequency identification packaging.
- Passive tag packaging.
- Semi-active tag packaging.
- Active tag packaging.
Time/temperature indicators (TTIs)
- TTIs for use with other technology.
- TTIs for supply chain.
- TTIs for food.
- Encoded supply chain indicators.
- Encoded inventory indicators/others.
- Freshness stickers.
Electronic article surveillance -
- Real-time locating systems.
- Direct part marking.
- RFDC-based EAS.
- Bar code-based EAS.
Electronic shelf label system.
ESL for inventory control
- ESL for product information.
- ESL with other technologies.
Hybrid and interactive packaging
- Hybrid packaging.
- Interactive packaging.
- Transparent packaging.
Market applications are segmented into
- 60 tables and 12 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview and industry analysis of the global markets for active, controlled, and intelligent packaging of various foods and beverages
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic revenue data (sales figures) for 2022, estimates for 2023, forecasts for 2024, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2028
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for the global active, controlled, and intelligent packaging market for food and beverages, and their corresponding market share analysis based on the type of packaging and sub-packaging, application, and region
- Discussion of the major growth drivers, industry-specific challenges and regulatory aspects that will shape the market for active, controlled, intelligent packaging for food and beverage applications as a basis for projecting demand in the next few years (2023-2028)
- Review of recent industry structure for active, controlled, intelligent packaging in food and beverage applications, along with technology innovation, value chain analysis, competitive environment, and latest developments
- Discussion of viable technology drivers through a holistic review of various platform technologies for new and existing applications of intelligent packaging in food and beverage markets
- A look at the product categorizations, individual product definitions and performance metrics, and costs and benefits associated with various packaging products
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players of the industry, including 3M, Amcor PLC, DOW, Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co. Inc. and Tetra Pak