Automotive Manufacturing Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2027
Global Automotive Manufacturing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: Industry size (value and volume 2018-22, and forecast to 2027). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the Industry.
- The automotive manufacturing industry comprises the production of trucks, passenger cars and motorcycles.
- The truck manufacturers market consists of the production of light commercial vehicles (LCVs), heavy trucks, and buses & coaches. The maximum legal weight of each vehicle type varies between countries. On average, LCVs weigh up to 5.25 tons, heavy trucks weigh greater than 5.25 tons, and buses & coaches weigh greater than 5.25 tons. Sports utility vehicles and similar vehicles are not included in this segment.
- Passenger cars are defined as motor vehicles with at least four wheels, used for the transport of passengers, and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat. The market includes both petrol and diesel passenger cars, as well as hybrid and electric. Passenger cars include mini, small, medium, large, exclusive and luxury cars, as well as mini, compact, mid and full size SUV/crossover. The compact, small and large MPVs and mini, compact, mid and full size pickups are included as are sport coupe cars. Any sort of light or heavy commercial vehicles e.g., vans or HGVs are excluded.
- Motorcycle manufacturers are producers of powered two-wheelers (PTWs) that are available to the public. All designs and engine capacities, including low-powered bikes referred to as mopeds, are included. On-road (street legal), racetrack only and off-road motorcycles are all included.
- The automotive manufacturing industry value is calculated in terms of manufacturer selling price (MSP) and excludes all taxes and levies.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The global automotive manufacturing industry had total revenues of $1,875.5 billion in 2022, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.8% over 2017–2022.
- Industry production volumes declined with a negative CAGR of -2.2% over 2017–2022, to reach a total of 157.3 million units in 2022.
- Asia-Pacific was the largest regional market in 2022, accounting for 56.5% of the global value.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global automotive manufacturing Industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global automotive manufacturing Industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key automotive manufacturing Industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global automotive manufacturing Industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global automotive manufacturing Industry by value in 2022?
- What will be the size of the global automotive manufacturing Industry in 2027?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global automotive manufacturing Industry?
- How has the Industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global automotive manufacturing Industry?