The video streaming software market size is expected to grow from USD 11.0 billion in 2023 to USD 25.5 billion by 2028 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 18.3% during the forecast period. The growing preference for online streaming services over traditional Tv, growth in demand for real-time videos are the some of the opportunities for the video streaming software market growth. The lack of accessibility to strong video infrastructure represents a significant challenge for the growth of the video streaming software market.
As per component, the service segment to hold the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The video streaming software market by component is divided into solutions and services. The services segment is estimated to hold the highest CAGR of 19.5% during the forecasted period of the video streaming software market. The services provide the necessary support to uphold the efficiency of business processes, increase the growth of enterprises, and reduce unwanted operational expenses. The professional and managed services offered by video streaming software providers can help customers achieve their video streaming goals more efficiently and effectively.
As per streaming type, live streaming segment holds the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The streaming type is segmented into live streaming and video-on-demand streaming. As per segment, the live streaming is expected to hold the highest CAGR of 21.7% during the forecast period. With the emergence of mobile devices, laptops, and tablets, there is increased use of these devices for video streaming. This has raised the demand for live video streaming solutions. The growing demand for live video streaming solutions is expected to create new opportunities for solution providers to engage their customers by providing HD video services. Further, live video streaming solutions also help in increasing the number of viewers and customer loyalty. Live video streaming can be deployed both on-premises and cloud to facilitate superior management of video content.
As per region, North America holds the largest market share during the forecast period
The video streaming software market is segmented into five regions, including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. In terms of global video streaming software market share, North America holds the largest market share in 2023 and is expected to last throughout the forecast period. The major video streaming software players resides in US and Canada in this region. Due to a number of factors, including the existence of numerous businesses with advanced IT infrastructure and the accessibility of technical skills, North America is the market with the most established video streaming software adoption. Modernizations in cloud computing, mobile technologies, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) also propelling the adoption of video streaming software across all areas, especially the financial and government industries. More businesses are adopting the cloud strategy as its advantages become clearer. Since organizations use cutting-edge application development technologies at different levels as part of their strategy to thrive in the competitive industry, the video streaming software market in North America is predicted to grow slowly over the duration of the forecast period. Among all the nations, the US is anticipated to have the largest market for video streaming software.
The breakup of the profiles of the primary participants is given below:
- By Company: Tier I: 37%, Tier II: 27%, and Tier III: 36%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives: 29%, Director Level: 36%, and Others: 35%
- By Region: Asia Pacific: 21%, Europe: 24%, North America: 35%, Rest of World: 20%
Note: Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers
Note: Rest of the World includes the Middle East & Africa and Latin America
Note: Tier 1 companies have revenues more than USD 100 million; tier 2 companies’ revenue ranges from USD 10 million to USD 100 million; and tier 3 companies’ revenue is less than 10 million
Source: Secondary Literature, Expert Interviews, and MarketsandMarkets Analysis
Some of the major vendors offering video streaming software across the globe include IBM (US), Kaltura (US), Panopto (US), Brightcove, (US), Haivision (US), Vimeo (US), VBrick (US), Qumu (US), Sonic Foundry (US), Agile Content (Spain), MediaPlatform (US), Akamai (US), Edgio (US), Dailymotion (France), Netgem (France), Vixy (Netherlands), Kinura (England), Piksel (Italy), Hive Streaming (Sweden), SproutVideo (US), Wowza (US), Dacast (US), Zixi (US), Kollective Technology (US), Muvi (US), Movingimage (Germany), VIDIZMO (US), Ravnur (US), uStudio, (US), CONTUS TECH (India), and Vidyard (Canada).
The market study covers the video streaming software market across segments. It aims at estimating the market size and the growth potential of this market across different segments, such as component, streaming type, deployment mode, delivery channel, monetization model, vertical, and region. It includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market, along with their company profiles, key observations related to product and business offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons To buy this report:
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market with information on the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall video streaming software market and the subsegments. This report will help stakeholders understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to position their businesses better and to plan suitable go-to-market strategies. The report also helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Analysis of key drivers (increasing penetration of mobile devices and internet users, growing demand for VoD streaming, technological advancements in digital media industry, growing need for transcoding to deliver videos to maximum end users, increase in demand for high-quality videos, advancement in AI to foster demand for video streaming software), restraints (high content creation cost and threat of content piracy, network connectivity and infrastructure issues), opportunities (growing preference for online streaming services over traditional TV, optimization of network bandwidth, growth in demand for real-time video services, emergence of 6G technology to boost video streaming software growth), and challenges (growing threat of video content security and privacy, poor internet speed to reduce quality of service, concerns related to compatibility) influencing the growth of the video streaming software market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product & service launches in the video streaming software market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative markets – the report analyses the video streaming software market across varied regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products & services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the video streaming software market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies and service offerings of leading players like IBM (US), Kaltura (US), Panopto (US), Brightcove, (US), Haivision (US), Vimeo (US), VBrick (US), among others in the video streaming software market.