The beta-glucan market is projected to grow from USD 501 Million in 2023 to USD 734 Million by 2028, at a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period. The market is anticipated to grow due to increasing demand for use of natural additives in the food and beverage products, growing consumption of healthy diets with high fiber, rising surge in acceptance for beta-glucan for its several health-benefits. Such factors have driven the need to develop and deploy new products for beta-glucan.
The segment grain & cereal is expected to account for the largest share in 2023.
Cereals and grains are known for their relatively high beta-glucan content compared to other food sources. For example, oats and barley contain particularly high levels of beta-glucan, with oats being one of the richest dietary sources. The beta-glucans in cereals and grains are typically of the mixed-linkage type, which has been shown to have favorable health effects, such as immune-modulating and cholesterol-lowering properties. The high beta-glucan content of cereals and grains makes them a desirable source for extracting this beneficial compound.
The food and beverage segment is projected to dominate the market in the application segment during the forecast period.
Based on the application segment, the food and beverage segment is projected to dominate the market during the forecast period. The rising awareness among the consumers for healthy diets, use of beta-glucan in bakery, chewing gums, milk and protein beverages, instant drinks and many others has led to the adoption of beta-glucan.
Asia Pacific is expected to account for the fastest market share in 2023.
The beta-glucan market industry has been studied in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Rest of the World. Asia Pacific accounted for the fastest market during the forecast period of 2023-2028. The Asia Pacific market will experience considerable growth in the next years because of easy availability of raw materials in the Asia Pacific countries such as China and India, growing healthy food consumption patterns and increasing use of cosmetic products in countries like Japan and South Korea.
The break-up of the profile of primary participants in the beta-glucan market:
- By Value Chain: Manufacturers-85%, Suppliers-15%
- By Designation: CXOs – 33.7%, Managers – 44%, Executives-22.3%
- By Region: North America – 60%, Europe – 18%, Asia Pacific – 10%, South America – 8%, and Rest of the World – 4%
Prominent companies include Tate & Lyle PLC (England), Kerry Group PLC (Ireland), Koninklijke DSM NV (Netherlands), International Flavors & Fragrances INC. (US), Merck (US).
This research report categorizes the beta-glucan market by Source (Grains & Cereals, Mushrooms, Yeast and Seaweed), Category (Soluble and Insoluble), Application (Food & Beverage, Personal Care, Pharmaceutical, Dietary Supplement and Animal Feed), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America and Rest of the World). The scope of the report covers detailed information regarding the major factors, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities, influencing the growth of beta-glucan market. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide insights into their business overview, solutions, and services; key strategies; Contracts, partnerships, agreements. new product & service launches, mergers and acquisitions, and recent developments associated with the de-oiled lecithin market. Competitive analysis of upcoming startups in the de-oiled lecithin market ecosystem is covered in this report.
Reasons To buy this report:
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market with information on the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall beta-glucan market and the subsegments. This report will help stakeholders understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to position their businesses better and to plan suitable go-to-market strategies. The report also helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Analysis of key drivers (Growing health consciousness among consumers and increasing health expenditure, Growing application of beta-glucan in different industries), restraints (Inconsistency in regulatory norms governing beta-glucan), opportunity (Untapped beta-glucan applications), and challenge (Lack of consumer awareness) influencing the growth of the beta-glucan market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product & service launches in the beta-glucan market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative markets – the report analyses the beta-glucan market across varied regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products & services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the beta-glucan market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies and service offerings of leading players like Tate & Lyle PLC (England), Kerry Group PLC (Ireland), Koninklijke DSM NV (Netherlands), International Flavors & Fragrances INC. (US) and Merck (US) among others in the beta-glucan market strategies. The report also helps stakeholders understand the starter culture market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.