The global automotive emission test equipment market is set to grow with a 5.23% CAGR during the assessment period 2023-2032. Stringent government regulations to reduce vehicular emissions and mandate the usage of opacity meters and periodic technical inspection (PTI) programs drive market growth.
Automotive emission testing equipment plays a crucial role in monitoring the level of pollutants and greenhouse gases emitted by vehicles to ensure compliance with regulatory standards for air quality and environmental safety. The most commonly used testing devices are gas analyzers, opacity meters, and onboard diagnostic (OBD) scanners. Gas analyzers can detect harmful gases like carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen oxides (NOx), and other pollutants in a vehicle’s exhaust stream. Opacity meters are used to measure the amount of smoke and particulate matter in the exhaust stream of diesel engines, while OBD scanners are used to identify faults in the emissions control system of a vehicle.
The demand for emission testing equipment is driven by several factors, including the mandate for using opacity meters, periodic technical inspection (PTI) programs and strict government regulations to reduce vehicular emissions. European governments, in particular, are taking various measures to control and reduce particulate emissions by enforcing stringent rules and regulations on road vehicle inspection and maintenance. The industry must continue developing advanced emission testing equipment to help ensure a cleaner and more sustainable environment.
The global automotive emission test equipment market is divided into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, and Rest of World. Asia-Pacific is the leading region in the market owing to rapidly increasing innovations, technological advancements in automotive OEMs, and opacity meters.
The automotive emission testing equipment market is projected to experience sustained competitive rivalry during the forecast period. Multiple certified local and global solution providers operate within this market, including inspection service providers. These solution providers are proactively investing in research and development and expanding their solution offerings and portfolio to gain a competitive advantage in the market.
Some of the key players include GEMCO Equipment Ltd, ABB, LLC, Wager Company, Beryl Technologies, CPS Products Inc, etc.
Our report offerings include:
- Explore key findings of the overall market
- Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
- Market Segmentation caters to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
- Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
- Key analytics: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
- Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
- Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments