Land systems, led by the Iron Triangle of MBTs, IFVs & Artillery Guns/SPHs, are back in the reckoning following the renewed threat to Europe, especially to Central & Eastern European nations, from Russian belligerence since the invasion of Ukraine and the return of World War-I style trench warfare after over a century in Southern & Eastern Ukraine marking an effective resurgence for the King of the Kill Zone. The looming spectre of land warfare over the plains of Europe has the entire region spooked up once again and frantically preparing to defend itself through the revitalization of European defense industrial base which is underway in full swing after decades of neglect & apathy. The focus has been on the modernization & replacement of legacy, Cold war-era systems with latest, next-gen systems incorporating cutting-edge technologies & capabilities providing effective capabilities overmatch against Russian systems & armor. Additionally, rapid ramp up of production for munitions, especially, artillery shells to replenish depleted stock levels given the ongoing U.S. & NATO security assistance to Ukraine and to meet growing demand levels & increased preparedness levels to meet the imminent threat.
Poland has been leading the pack of European nations having already placed a huge order for around 250 M1A2 upgraded Abrams MBTs worth $4.5 billion, in addition, to plans to locally produce up to 1,000 South Korean K2 Black Panther MBTs, 672 K9 Self Propelled Howitzers and 288 K239 Chunmoo MRLS, worth almost a massive $14.5 billion, while also contemplating plans to procure AS-21 Redback IFVs. The Cold-war era British Challenger 2 MBTs are already headed for another series of capabilities upgrade, in addition, to procurement of Boxer wheeled & Ajax tracked armored vehicles as part of fleet recapitalization plans of the British Army. Across the English Channel, the first lot of upgraded French Leclercs, featuring an all digital backbone & enhanced protection, have just been delivered to the French Army in late 2022 with another batch due in 2023. German tank-maker KMW, too, has been contemplating plans & gearing up to ramp up production rates for the Leopard 2A7 MBTs based on market signals and to capitalize on a revised German strategic defense posture following ’Zeitenwande’ while also meeting growing regional requirements over near to medium term. However, the upcoming Franco-German joint MGCS program is likely to be the core, long-term growth pivot for the industry going forward.
The U.S., too, has been drawing up plans for an eventual replacement for two of the core assets of its BCTs, namely, the M1 Abrams MBT & the M2 Bradley IFVs. The incumbent OEM, GDLS, has already showcased AbramsX, featuring an AI backbone and diesel-electric hybrid powertrain, as a replacement for the M1 Abrams operated by the U.S. Army which is also looking to replace its combat proven Bradley IFVs under the OMFV program. Away from traditional armor strongholds, the U.S. & Europe, Australia’s flagship Land 400 program has effectively heralded an armor renaissance down under with the award of multiple, big ticket contract awards for armored vehicles procurement under multiple phases over the past decade to replace Australian Army’s ageing platforms and to beef up domestic defense industrial base under a local production model.
Global Defense Spending, thus, has been on a clear upswing and is at a historic high now, having breached the $2 trillion threshold in 2021 following the re-emergence of traditional West vs. East fault line & rivalry and a rapidly evolving Russia-China cooperative axis which is likely to ultimately turn into a real windfall for the global defense industrial base over near to medium term with the global defense spending projected to reach the record $2.5 trillion level by 2027.
Report Contents, Relevance & Usefulness:
Against this backdrop, the report analyzes & provides comprehensive insights into the Global Top 7 Armored Vehicle OEMs with focus on a blend of quantitative & qualitative analysis. The report provides detailed analysis on the OEMs, including, comprehensive analysis of business portfolio and strategic market positioning, overall strategy focus, key strategies & plans for medium term, financial analysis and a detailed SWOT analysis for each OEM against the backdrop of emerging, rapid shifts in the geopolitical dynamics, equations & landscape and technological leapfrogging. The report also projects market evolution for the Global A&D market over medium term with analysis of emerging market scenario, defense spending growth projections, key market & technology trends, issues & challenges, key growth domains and potential growth opportunities.
1. Overall Strategy Focus & Key Strategies & Plans being chalked out by the World’s 7 Leading Armored Vehicle Manufacturers
2. Insights into key industry, market & technology trends likely to shape the future of the global Armored Vehicles Market over Near to Medium term
3. Outlining of emerging, potential growth opportunities
4. Identifies key driving & restraining forces impacting the industry & assesses their potential degree of impact through a comprehensive force field analysis
5. Provides an overview of key, upcoming Armored Vehicle programs
6. Analysis of defense budgets & overall budgetary trend across nations
7. In-Focus, Emerging, Game-Changer Technologies
8. Comprehensive outlook & medium-term demand growth projections for the Global Aerospace & Defense industry
For Whom: Key Decision-Makers across Industry Value Chain
The report will be essential & a key resource for those associated with and having strategic interest in the Global Aerospace & Defense Industry. The report will be especially useful for:-
- Key Decision-Makers across the Aerospace & Defense Industry
- Defense Procurement Executives & Defense Departments
- Program Offices & Program Managers
- Top Management of Industry OEMs, Players across Industry Value Chain & Other Companies
- Suppliers, Vendors, Technology & Services Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain
- Existing & Potential Investors
- Industry & Company Analysts
- M&A Advisory Firms
- Strategy & Management Consulting Firms
- PE Firms, Venture Capitalists and Financing & Leasing Companies
- Researchers and all those associated with the industry in general