Steel Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026
Global Steel industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2017-21, and forecast to 2026). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The steel market consists of the production of crude steel in the stated country or region.
- Crude steel production refers to the production of the first solid steel products upon solidification of liquid steel. It includes ingots (in conventional mills) and semis (in modern mills with continuous casting facilities). Crude steel also includes liquid steel, which goes into the production of steel castings.
- Market values have been calculated using appropriate regional annual average steel prices.
- Market shares reflect volumes of steel produced by a company in a respective market.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The global steel market had total revenues of $1,775.5 billion in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.8% between 2016 and 2021.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 3.7% between 2016 and 2021, to reach a total of 1,863.1 million tons in 2021.
- The market grew strongly in 2017 and 2018 owing to strong economic growth, particularly in key segments such as construction, machinery, and automotive.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the global steel market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global steel market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key steel market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global steel market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global steel market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the global steel market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global steel market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global steel market?