The global airport moving walkway system market size reached US$ 2.3 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% during 2023-2028.
A moving walkway system is a pavement powered by motors used for transporting pedestrians. It is integral to an effective airport design as it ensures fast and easy movement of individuals to gates and throughout the entire complex. It also supports high passenger density and mobility, optimal traffic flow, and rapid and self-assisted movement of luggage across spaces. Nowadays, inclined moving walkway systems are widely being installed at airports to move passengers and heavy luggage speedily over long distances between concourses and the terminal to parking and transport stations.
Airport Moving Walkway System Market Trends:
The increasing air traffic around the world on account of the growing passenger and business travels and upliftment of lockdown restrictions in numerous countries represents one of the key factors catalysing the demand for airport moving walkway systems to improve the passenger experience. Moreover, rising investments in the expansion and development of airports with a primary focus on maximizing efficiencies in traffic flows, improving operational performance, and reducing costs and delays are offering lucrative growth opportunities to market players. Apart from this, governing authorities of various countries are promoting energy conservation. As a result, leading players are integrating light-emitting diode (LED) lighting and high-efficiency motors in moving walkway systems. Furthermore, the growing emphasis on airport automation is driving the adoption of moving walkway systems as they provide an effective strategy of directional crowd control and prevent congestion. Besides, as these walkway systems help elderly passengers with reduced mobility to travel comfortably with heavy luggage, a significant rise in the share of older air travellers is projected to contribute to the growth of the market in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global airport moving walkway system market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on business type, type, angle and speed.
Breakup by Business Type:
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Angle:
Breakup by Speed:
Constant Moving Walkways (CMW)
Accelerating Moving Walkways (AMW)
Breakup by Region:
Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Analogue Holdings Limited (ATAL Engineering Limited), Fujitec Co. Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Hyundai Elevator Co. Ltd., KONE Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Otis Worldwide Corporation, Schindler Group, Stannah Lifts Holdings Ltd and ThyssenKrupp AG.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
1. What was the size of the global airport moving walkway system market in 2022?
2. What is the expected growth rate of the global airport moving walkway system market during 2023-2028?
3. What are the key factors driving the global airport moving walkway system market?
4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global airport moving walkway system market?
5. What is the breakup of the global airport moving walkway system market based on the business type?
6. What is the breakup of the global airport moving walkway system market based on the type?
7. What is the breakup of the global airport moving walkway system market based on the angle?
8. What are the key regions in the global airport moving walkway system market?
9. Who are the key players/companies in the global airport moving walkway system market?