Airlines Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026 (Global Almanac)
Global Airlines industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2017-21, and forecast to 2026). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including scheduled flights but excluding air freight transport.
- Industry volumes are defined as the total number of seats sold by airlines registered within the specified country or region. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting passengers, calculated by applying the average revenue per passenger and applying this to a number of seats sold.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The global airlines industry had total revenues of $382.5 billion in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -14.7% between 2016 and 2021.
- Industry consumption volumes declined with a CAGR of -11.4% between 2016 and 2021, to reach a total of 2,562.5 million seats sold in 2021.
- In Asia-Pacific region, domestic and international tourism saw a marked decline in 2021 due to travel restrictions and lockdowns, which led to a significant decline in the airlines industry.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global airlines industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global airlines industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global airlines industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global airlines industry by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the global airlines industry in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global airlines industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global airlines industry?