U.S. Lubricant Contaminated HDPE Container Waste Market Growth & Trends
The U.S. Lubricant Contaminated HDPE Container Waste market is anticipated to reach 189.16 kilotons by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 3.6% from 2022 to 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Automotive industry contributes significantly to the consumption and growth of the U.S. lubricant contaminated HDPE container waste market. Various lubricants such as brake fluids, gear oil, engine oil, and others are used in traditional automobiles to maintain engine quality and high performance in long term. Furthermore, the rise in disposable income and increasing requirements of middle-class families across the country has resulted in an increase in demand for vehicles, which has boosted the demand for HDPE-based oil containers and hence has boosted the requirement for recycling lubricant contaminated HDPE containers.
The rise in the production of automobiles has led to excel the consumption of maintenance products such as engine oil, transmission fluid, grease, and penetrating lubricants. The growing automobile is expected to augment the lubricant contaminated HDPE container market, hence has boosted the requirement of recycling lubricant contaminated HDPE containers over the forecast period.
Rising sales of commercial vehicles used for public transport are expected to propel the demand for commercial automotive lubricants that will drive the U.S. lubricant contaminated HDPE container waste market. Economic growth in the U.S. coupled with rising consumer awareness regarding pollution caused by an increasing number of on-road vehicles has led to the improvement of public transportation. Furthermore, increasing construction and renovation activities in the U.S. and the consequent rise in the sales of heavy-duty construction machinery such as bulldozers, cranes, earthmoving equipment, and concrete mixers are expected to complement the demand for heavy-duty automotive lubricants.
However, in the U.S., approximately 41.1% of plastics including polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) containers, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipes are recycled annually. However, there is a high proportion of plastic waste that goes into landfills, in incinerators or ends up polluting the environment. Single-use plastics that are difficult to recycle since they are a composition of mixed materials/multi-polymers, and are contaminated or polluted from use, are regarded mostly as unmanaged waste.
U.S. is one of the major automotive markets across the US. and is expected to witness significant demand for recycling HDPE-based oil containers in lieu with increasing awareness among consumers regarding the benefits of vehicle maintenance is expected to drive their consumption over the forecast period.
U.S. Lubricant Contaminated HDPE Container Waste Market Report Highlights
- Automotive is the largest application segment with a market share of more than 77.0% in 2021. Rising sales of commercial vehicles used for public transport are expected to propel the demand for commercial automotive lubricants that will drive the U.S. lubricant contaminated HDPE container waste market.
- Greater than 50 liters container dominates under container size segment and accounted for more than 54.0% share of the total volume of the U.S. in 2021. Manufacturers of these containers often customize their sizes according to the requirements of their customers. Moreover, greater than 50 liters of HDPE containers are primarily used in the industrial sector, which helps to excel the demand for these containers.
- Recycle is the leading plastic use segment with a market share of over 96.0% in 2021, by recycling process manufacturers can easily remold it in any size as per their demand size, and the property of the product can also be enhanced by adding additives to it. Hence, manufacturers prefer to recycle over reuse.
- In July 2022, SCH?TZ Container Systems (SCS) plans to expand its collection and sustainable packaging recovery network in North America. In addition, the company has installed a state-of-the-art reconditioning facility in Fontana, California.
- In April 2022, Encore Container, one of the leading companies of plastic containers/drums announced that the company will diversify its product portfolio by starting the production of 77-gallon plastic containers/drums in January to serve new customers in the market. Moreover, the company will go with more expansion in the coming years.