The global power line communication (PLC) market size reached US$ 8.2 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 15.3 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.8% during 2022-2027.
Power line communication (PLC) refers to a communication technology that is used for the transmission of data over the existing power-grid infrastructure. It acts as a reliable communication and data transmission medium for various Internet of Things (IoT) and smart grid applications. It is primarily used for powering electronic devices and to retrieve/control data through them. There are two kinds of PLC, namely narrowband and broadband. The narrowband PLC works at lower frequencies and lower data rates but has a more extended range. On the other hand, broadband PLC works at higher frequencies and higher data rates but is used in shorter-range applications.
A significant increase in the establishment of smart grids across the globe is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Smart grids involve the integration of renewable energy resources with the electricity supply chain through PLCs. Increasing utilization of these solutions for communicating with devices at remote locations is also providing a boost to the market growth. With the extension of the electricity distribution network, there has been a substantial increase in the adoption of PLC technology to cater to a broader geographical area. In line with this, the growing utilization of these solutions for lighting control applications in both rural and urban areas is acting as another growth-inducing factor. PLC solutions are widely used for both indoor and outdoor lightings, such as on streets, roadways, tunnels, parking, parks and other commercial and industrial complexes. Other factors, including the increasing investments in renewable energy facilities, along with rising government investments in the deployment of smart grids, extensive research and development (R&D) in the power sector and hyper-urbanization across the globe, are projected to drive the market further.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global power line communication market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on frequency, voltage, offering, modulation technique, application and vertical.
Breakup by Frequency:
Narrowband (3 kHz to 500 kHz)
Broadband (Greater Than 500 kHz)
Breakup by Voltage:
Breakup by Offering:
Breakup by Modulation Technique:
Single Carrier Modulation
Multi Carrier Modulation
Spread Spectrum Modulation
Breakup by Application:
Energy Management and Smart Grid
Breakup by Vertical:
Breakup by Region:
Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being ABB, AMETEK Inc., Belkin, Broadcom Inc., Cypress Semiconductor, D-Link Corporation, General Electric, Hubbell Power Systems Inc., Landis+Gyr, Maxim Integrated, Netgear, Schneider Electric, Siemens, TP-Link Technologies, Zyxel Communications, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
1. What was the size of the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market in 2021?
2. What is the expected growth rate of the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market during 2022-2027?
3. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market?
4. What are the key factors driving the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market?
5. What is the breakup of the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market based on the frequency?
6. What is the breakup of the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market based on the application?
7. What is the breakup of the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market based on the vertical?
8. What are the key regions in the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market?
9. Who are the key players/companies in the global Power Line Communication (PLC) market?