The Global Flat Glass Market was valued at USD 41.9 billion in the year 2021. The construction of high-rise buildings particularly in the commercial districts and downtown areas of urban cities has seen a surge in the demand due to the fact that high-rise buildings occupy lesser land in comparison to low-rise buildings. The construction of these tall towers and skyscrapers requires extensive use of flat glass in architectural building design.
Based on the Type segment, the Safety and Security Glass segment is expected to hold the largest share in Flat Glass market in the year 2028. Tempered glass and laminated glass are the two most commonly used flat glass types for safety and security purposes. There are numerous benefits of using safety & security glass in commercial and residential spaces such as heightened security, UV protection, soundproofing and bulletproofing which are the major growth reasons propelling the market growth of this segment positively.
APAC region is estimated to have the maximum share in the global Flat Glass market followed by Europe and North America. Capturing the largest market share, Asia Pacific is predicted to increase significantly. Over the forecast period, the market expansion is anticipated to be fuelled by the rising number of solar energy installations across the region as well as the increasing use of glass architecture in both residential and non-residential projects.
Globally the sale of fabricated flat glass products has seen an upward trend due to certain factors. The optical clarity of flat glass, its ability to reflect and focus images as well as its ability to take different unique properties and characteristics based upon its chemical constitution gives it extensive applications across a wide range of industries including electronics, telecommunication, optical, laboratory instruments as well as surgical instruments for use in the healthcare industry.
Scope of the Report
- The report presents the analysis of the Flat Glass market for the historical period of 2018-2021 and the forecast period of 2023-2028.
- The report analyses the Flat Glass Market by Value (USD Million) and by Volume (billion square meters).
- The report analyses the Flat Glass Market by Type (Safety & Security Glass, Solar Control Glass, Others).
- The report analyses the Flat Glass Market by End User Industry - (Automotive, Construction, Others).
- The Global Flat Glass Market has been analysed by countries (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea).
- The key insights of the report have been presented through the frameworks of SWOT and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis. Also, the attractiveness of the market has been presented by region, by Location and Product.
- Also, the major opportunities, trends, drivers and challenges of the industry has been analysed in the report.
- The report tracks competitive developments, strategies, mergers and acquisitions and new product development. The companies analysed in the report include Asahi Glass Ltd., Saint Gobain, Nippon Sheet Glass Company, Sisecam, Xinyi Glass Holdings Ltd., Taiwan Glass, Central Glass, Vitro Ltd., Guardian Industries Corporation, Euroglas.
Key Target Audience
- Flat Glass Manufacturers
- Construction and Automotive Industry
- Consulting and Advisory Firms
- Government and Policy Makers
- Regulatory Authorities