The Global Wide-Body Aircraft market has been on a long recovery path following the devastation caused by the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic since early 2020 which effectively grounded a majority of global, in-service wide-body fleet and accelerated the retirement of a large number of in-utilization quad-jets across carriers globally while also being responsible for the earlier than anticipated closure of the 747 and A380 production lines across both sides of the Atlantic. The ongoing steady recovery in demand & activity levels across airlines globally has been steady as well as encouraging, especially for domestic travel, while international travel is still impacted and needs more time to recover to pre-pandemic levels amid challenging market conditions and mounting pressures on the sustainability front.
The view from the supply side, however, is equally complex & challenging marked by supply chain disruptions, constraints and labor shortages with the situation being really acute for the engine manufacturers who are unable to ramp up engines production from the abysmally low levels reached during the pandemic. The industry supply chains and the global aviation industrial base are still carving their way out of the pandemic blues & inflicted financial blows while battling rising input costs, surging inflation and rising interest rates environment with the scenario unlikely to ameliorate over near term. The recent resumption of 787 deliveries has come as a big relief for Boeing as well as its supply chain while the 777X program’s certification & EIS have been further delayed. The surge in global air cargo traffic following the pandemic & the boost in e-commerce globally has so far been the sole silver line against a cloudy skyline for the wide body OEMs & operators with both Airbus and Boeing trying to make the most of it with the launch of A350F and the 777-8F freighter aircrafts.
Market Outlook, Trends & Challenges:
The aviation supplier base & supply chains need to effectively spring back into action resiliently while offsetting the severe cuts made during the pandemic and gear up rapidly for growth going forward with production ramp-ups likely for narrow-bodies over near term which are likely to peak again close to the pre-pandemic levels by mid to end of 2023. The long-term industry fundamentals for narrow & wide-body aircrafts, however, remain robust and firmly in place with forecasts for strong tailwinds to prevail in form of deliveries of around 40,000+ new airplanes by the industry projected over the next two decades with the wide-bodies projected to account for around 18% of them in unit terms. Additionally, sustainability challenges remain the top long term priority for commercial aviation with the industry required to go green and absolutely carbon-neutral by 2050 by focusing on sustainability and transitioning to sustainable power sources which will be most challenging for the wide-bodies.
Report Scope & Structure:
Against this backdrop, the report analyses & provides comprehensive insights into the Global Wide-Body Aircraft Market with focus on a blend of quantitative & qualitative analysis.
- -Part 1 of the report takes a look at the current Market Size & Dynamics apart from the prevailing Competitive Landscape for the Global Wide-Body Aircraft Market.
- -Part 2 provides detailed analysis on Aircraft OEMs, including, Financial Analysis, Insights into their Key Strategies & Plans and a comprehensive SWOT Analysis.
- -Part 3 projects market evolution for Wide-Body Aircrafts over medium to long term with analysis of emerging market scenario, demand growth projections, key market & technology trends, issues & challenges, potential growth opportunities and demand outlook over the next two decades.
Relevance & Usefulness: The report will provide answers to key questions, which include:-
1. What is the Structure & Size of the Global Wide-Body Aircraft Market?
2. How is the Global Wide-Body Aircraft Market split across players, in terms, of Market Shares?
3. Which are the Strategic Areas & Market Segments being focused upon by the Aircraft OEMs?
4. What are the Key Strategies & Plans being Conceptualized & Pursued by leading Aircraft Manufacturers?
5. What is the size & distribution of existing, in-service fleet of Wide-Body aircrafts globally?
6. Which are going to be the Key Growth Markets & Regions for Wide-Body Aircrafts through 2041?
7. Which are the Key Industry, Market & Technology Trends likely to Shape the Future of Commercial Aviation?
8. What is the Demand Outlook for Wide-Body Aircrafts across Regions through 2041?
The report would be indispensable for those having strategic interest & stakes in the Global Commercial Aircraft Market. The report will be extremely useful for Key Decision-Makers, Program Managers, Global Procurement Managers, Legacy Carriers as well as LCCs, cargo airlines & air cargo carriers , Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Industry OEMs, Aviation Supplier Base, Vendors, Lessors, MRO Services Providers, Technology & Other Services Solution Providers like P2F converters and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, Financing & Leasing Companies, Researchers and all those associated with the Global Commercial Aviation Industry. The report is comprehensive yet concise & compact at the same time; is custom-built for meetings & presentations, in addition, to being a ready self-reckoner as well as a quick reference guide driving, enabling & ensuring prompt and informed decision making.