A sensor is a device that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure, or any one of a great number of other environmental phenomena. According to market research study published by Gen Consulting Company, the market size of the global sensors sector is expected to rise by USD 158 billion with a CAGR of 9.7% by the end of 2028.
The report provides in-depth analysis and insights regarding the current global market scenario, latest trends and drivers into global sensors market. It offers an exclusive insight into various details such as market size, key trends, competitive landscape, growth rate and market segments. This study also provides an analysis of the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the sensors industry.
This industry report offers market estimates and forecasts of the global market, followed by a detailed analysis of the product, end user, and region. The global market for sensors can be segmented by product: biosensors, chemical, fingerprint, image, IoT, load, force and torque, position, pressure, radar, others. Among these, the biosensors segment was accounted for the highest revenue generator in 2021. Sensors market is further segmented by end user: aerospace and marine, automotive, consumer electronics, healthcare, IT and telecom, manufacturing, process industry, smart building, others. The automotive segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the global sensors market. Based on region, the sensors market is segmented into: Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Rest of the World (RoW). North America held the largest share of the global sensors market in 2021 and is anticipated to hold its share during the forecast period.
- load, force and torque
By end user:
- aerospace and marine
- consumer electronics
- IT and telecom
- process industry
- smart building
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
The IoT market is further segmented into IoT accelerometers and gyroscopes, IoT chemical, IoT light, IoT pressure, IoT temperature, others. The IoT temperature segment captured the largest share of the market in 2021 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Furthermore, the biosensors market has been categorized into MEMS, electrochemical, opto-electric, thermistor, others. According to the research, the electrochemical segment had the largest share in the global sensors market. The chemical sensors market is further divided into toxic gas, MEMS, pH, oxygen sensors and analyzers, humidity and moisture, others. Gen Consulting Company research indicates that the toxic gas segment occupied the largest share of this market in 2021 and is expected to draw the highest demand in coming years.
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the global sensors market with some of the key players being Accel AB, ams AG, Aptiv plc, Endress+Hauser Group, Hitachi Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corp., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Omron Corp., Robert Bosch GmbH, Rockwell Automation Inc., STMicroelectronics N.V., Texas Instruments Inc., among others.
*REQUEST FREE SAMPLE TO GET A COMPLETE LIST OF COMPANIES
Historical & Forecast Period
This research report provides analysis for each segment from 2018 to 2028 considering 2021 to be the base year.
Scope of the Report
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the global sensors market.
- To classify and forecast the global sensors market based on product, end user, region.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the global sensors market.
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in the global sensors market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global sensors market.
Why Choose This Report
- Gain a reliable outlook of the global sensors market forecasts from 2022 to 2028 across scenarios.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Stay ahead of competitors through company profiles and market data.
- The market estimate for ease of analysis across scenarios in Excel format.
- Strategy consulting and research support for three months.
- Print authentication provided for the single-user license.