The global over the top (OTT) market reached a value of US$ 265.1 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,251 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 25.34% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industrues. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
The OTT refers to the media service that facilitates the delivery of audio, video and digital media content over the internet. This content gets transmitted over various electronic devices, such as smartphones, smart televisions and other connected devices without requiring a multi-system operator for the distribution. This service offers unlimited data streaming and enables viewers to access content as per their convenience. Apart from this, OTT is also used for streaming music, live broadcasting, watching educational channels, advertising and communication.
The growing media and entertainment industry, along with the rising sales of smart computing devices across the globe, is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. In line with this, widespread adoption of OTT services and high-quality streaming content over devices, such as smartphones, laptops, smart televisions, computers and tablets, is further contributing to the market growth. In comparison to the traditionally used cables and satellite television sets, devices offering OTT media services provide higher portability, convenience, accessibility and connectivity. Furthermore, the deployment of artificial intelligence (AI) by OTT service providers is also providing a boost to the market growth. Service providers are increasingly utilizing advanced technologies to analyze users’ preferences and offer them customized content. This improves the overall experience of the user, thus favoring the adoption rates of OTT. Additionally, significant developments in the communication infrastructure and increasing penetration of high-speed internet across emerging nations, are also creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, inflating disposable incomes and increasing consumer expenditure on entertainment and related services, along with extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are expected to drive the market in the upcoming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global over the top (OTT) market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on component, platform type, deployment type, content type, revenue model, service type and vertical.
Breakup by Component:
Breakup by Platform Type:
Laptops Desktops and Tablets
Breakup by Deployment Type:
Breakup by Content Type:
Voice Over IP
Text and Images
Breakup by Revenue Model:
Breakup by Service Type:
Installation and Maintenance
Training and Support
Breakup by Vertical:
Media & Entertainment
Education & Training
Health & Fitness
IT & Telecom
Breakup by Region:
Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Amazon.com, Inc., Eros International Plc., Google Inc., Hulu, LLC, International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, Limelight Networks, Microsoft Corporation, Netflix, Inc., Nimbuzz, Star India, Tencent Holdings Ltd., Telstra Corporation Limited, The Walt Disney Company, Yahoo!, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
1. What was the size of the global over the top (OTT) market in 2021?
2. What is the expected growth rate of the global over the top (OTT) market during 2022-2027?
3. What are the key factors driving the global over the top (OTT) market?
4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global over the top (OTT) market?
5. What is the breakup of the global over the top (OTT) market based on the component?
6. What is the breakup of the global over the top (OTT) market based on the platform type?
7. What is the breakup of the global over the top (OTT) market based on the deployment type?
8. What is the breakup of the global over the top (OTT) market based on the content type?
9. What is the breakup of the global over the top (OTT) market based on the revenue model?
10. What is the breakup of the global over the top (OTT) market based on the service type?
11. What is the breakup of the global over the top (OTT) market based on the vertical?
12. What are the key regions in the global over the top (OTT) market?
13. Who are the key players/companies in the global over the top (OTT) market?