The global supercapacitor market size is expected to grow from USD 472million in 2022 to USD 912million by 2027, at a CAGR of 14.1%. The growing need for energy conservation solutions and high storage capabilities in sectors such as automotive, energy and consumer electronics applications is driving the demand for super capacitors during the forecast period. Escalated usage of supercapacitors for development of wind turbines, grid energy storage systems, EVs/HEVs, railways/trains and aircrafts, smart wearables and so on are some of the major factors accelerating the growth of supercapacitor market.
COVID-19 has emerged as a global pandemic that has spread worldwide and disrupted various industries around the world. The prominent players across industries have been affected by this pandemic. The foreseeable decline in the growth of end-user industries may have a considerable direct impact on thesupercapacitor market.
“Double-layer capacitor segment toaccount for the larger share of market in 2022”
The double-layer capacitor segment is projected to account for the largest share of the supercapacitor market in 2022. These capacitors are used as an alternative to conventional batteries. They work excellently in all those applications where a stable supply of energy is required over a short period of time. Double-layer capacitors replace conventional batteries in consumer electronics applications, such as smart wearables, computers, laptops, and foldable phones. These supercapacitors are a clean source of energy as opposed to conventional batteries; hence, several battery manufacturers are focused on expanding their product portfolio with the inclusion of double-layer capacitors.
“Automotive Industry is expected to grow at the highestCAGR of the supercapacitor market during the forecast period.”
The automotive segment is projected to hold the largest share of the supercapacitor market in 2022. The advent of electric vehicles is likely to create opportunities for supercapacitors in the automotive sector. Several automotive manufacturers across the world are eventually likely to switch from battery-powered electric vehicles to supercapacitor-powered electric vehicles owing to the high scalability and broad operating temperature range offered by supercapacitors. Hence, the automotive industry is expected to exhibit significant growth from 2022 to 2027.
“Asia Pacific is expectedto account for the largest share of market during the forecast period.”
Asia Pacific is expected to contribute the largest size of the supercapacitor market in 2022. Rapid industrialization and infrastructure development are driving the growth of consumer electronics and automotive industries in China, which is expected to increase the demand for supercapacitors in the region.
Break-up of the profiles ofprimary participants:
- By Company Type –Tier 1 – 45%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation – C-level Executives – 40%, Directors – 35%, and Others – 25%
- By Region– North America - 30%, Europe – 25%, Asia Pacific – 35%, and RoW – 10%
Thesupercapacitor markethas been segmentedinto type, electrode material, applicationand region. The supercapacitor market has been studied for North America, Europe, AsiaPacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons To Buy the report:
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast of the market based ontype, electrode material, application, and region have been conducted to give an overall view of thesupercapacitor market.
- Avalue chain analysis has been performed to provide in-depth insightsinto the supercapacitor market.
- The key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challengespertaining to the supercapacitor markethave been detailed in this report.
- The report includes adetailed competitive landscape of the market,along with key players, as well as an in-depth analysis of their revenues