Organic Personal Care Market Growth & Trends
The global organic personal care market size is expected to reach USD 42.19 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 9.1% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Organic products are gaining traction among a growing number of consumers, driven by the rising environmental awareness globally. Usage of organically-sourced ingredients in product formulations is anticipated to surge in the next few years as per the trends observed in skincare product consumption. Demand for products free from synthetic fragrances, preservatives, parabens, petrochemicals, and harsh cleaners, such as sodium lauryl sulfate has been on the rise over the past few years.
Numerous market players are involved in manufacturing a variety of organic personal care products such as sunscreens, body lotions, shampoos, scrubs, anti-aging creams, make-up removers, masks and exfoliators, and eye care products, lip care products, BB creams, face oils, and cleansers/toners. The skin care segment held the largest revenue share in 2021 and is expected to maintain dominance during the forecast period. Skin problems, such as acne and dryness, are common among consumers globally. Owing to this, the brands are offering organic products with active ingredients to address skin issues. Some of the brands in this category are Annmarie, Amala, True Botanicals, and Made Simple.
The growing popularity of organic skin care products with active ingredients to fight major skin issues is a predominant factor driving the market growth. The hypermarkets/supermarkets segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021. The increasing availability of such products at Walmart, Target, Costco, and Tesco among others has helped in driving the sale of organic personal care products through this channel. Furthermore, a large number of consumers prefer buying products due to the shopping experience offered at these stores. The market is fragmented in nature, with the presence of a large number of global and regional players.
Organic Personal Care Market Report Highlights
- Oral care is projected to register the fastest growth rate from 2022 to 2030 owing to the increasing awareness about dental health & wellness among millennial and Gen Z consumers
- The e-commerce distribution channel segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth rate during the forecast period
- This growth can be attributed to the increasing consumer access to a wide range of products from different global brands
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. Countries, such as China and India, are among the top contributors to the regional market growth
- This growth can be attributed to the extensive usage of organic products for personal care