The India tyre market reached a volume of 182 Million Units in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 221.8 Million Units by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.59% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
India represents the fourth largest market for tyres in the world after China, Europe and the United States. In India, the market is currently being driven by the increasing radialization of tyres, especially in buses and trucks. Moreover, the tyre industry consists of a vast consumer base; they are used in all types of vehicles which include passenger cars, buses, military vehicles, motorcycles, trucks, etc. The demand for tyres is primarily catalyzed from two end-user segments - OEMs and the replacement segment. The replacement market currently dominates the tyre market accounting for most of the total sales. Demand by the OEM segment is driven by new automobile sales trends, whereas the replacement market is linked to the usage patterns and replacement cycles. The market for tyres is quite concentrated in India, with the top 10 manufacturers accounting for around 80 percent of the total market share. MRF, Apollo Tyres and JK Tyres currently represent the top players in this market. Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the India tyre market, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on vehicle type, OEM and replacement segment, domestic production and imports, radial and bias tyres, tube and tubeless tyres, tyre size and price segment.
Breakup by Vehicle Type: Two Wheelers
Light Commercial Vehicles
Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicles
Off the Road
Breakup by OEM and Replacement Segment:
Breakup by Domestic Production and Imports:
Breakup by Radial and Bias Tyres:
Breakup by Tube and Tubeless Tyres:
Breakup by Tyre Size:
Breakup by Price Segment:
Breakup by Region:
West and Central India
Value Chain Analysis
Key Drivers and Challenges
Porters Five Forces Analysis
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the India tyre companies being MRF Limited, CEAT Limited, JK Tyre & Industries Ltd., Apollo Tyres Ltd., etc
IMARC Group’s latest report provides a deep insight into the India tyre market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the India tyre market in any manner. Key Questions Answered in This Report
1. What was the size of the India tyre market in 2021?
2. What is the expected growth rate of the India tyre market during 2022-2027?
3. What are the key factors driving the India tyre market?
4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India tyre market?
5. What is the breakup of the India tyre market based on the vehicle type?
6. What is the breakup of the India tyre market based on the OEM and replacement segment?
7. What is the breakup of the India tyre market based on the domestic production and imports?
8. What is the breakup of the India tyre market based on the radial and bias tyres?
9. What is the breakup of the India tyre market based on the tyre size?
10. What are the key regions in the India tyre market?
11. Who are the key players/companies in the India tyre market?