The global healthcare cyber security market reached a value of US$ 12.35 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 32.84 Billion by 2027 exhibiting a CAGR of 17.10% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Healthcare cyber security helps in preventing tools, electronic information, techniques, and assets from unauthorized access and use. The security solutions enable healthcare providers to secure sensitive patients and hospital information that is vulnerable to the security attacks and threats, such as cyber-attack, illegal access control of medical equipment, and data breaches. They also aid in improving patient privacy protection, reducing the risk of medical errors, increasing diagnostic accuracy, and maintaining health records. As a result, cyber security in healthcare is widely used across hospitals, ambulatory services, and surgical centers.
Healthcare Cyber Security Market Trends:
The increasing incidences of threats and cyber-attacks in the healthcare industry is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Cyber security is widely used for protecting data and systems from malicious software and unauthorized manipulation to safeguard the confidential records that are critical to the industry. Additionally, the adoption of connected medical devices and digital medical record systems for automated collection of records and improving patient care is favoring the market growth. Furthermore, various technological advancements, such as the integration of healthcare systems with artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, are providing an impetus to market growth. These technologies aid in protecting networks, systems, and data by identifying malicious activities with real-time dynamic threat intelligence. Apart from this, the increasing demand for cloud-based security solutions in the healthcare sector to improve efficiency and reduce data management costs are positively impacting the market. Other factors, such as the implementation of various government initiatives promoting the widespread adoption of digital security solutions, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global healthcare cyber security market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type of threat, type of solution and end user.
Breakup by Type of Threat:
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APT)
Breakup by Type of Solution:
- Identity and Access Management
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Antivirus and Antimalware
- DDoS Mitigation
- Security Information and Event Management
- Intrusion Detection System and Intrusion Prevention System
Breakup by End User:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Medical Device Companies
- Health Insurance Companies
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being AO Kaspersky Lab, Broadcom Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Claroty, CyberMDX, Cynerio, FireEye, Forcepoint, International Business Machines Corporation, McAfee Corp., Palo Alto Networks Inc. and Trend Micro Incorporated.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global healthcare cyber security market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global healthcare cyber security market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type of threat?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type of solution?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global healthcare cyber security market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?