Car Rental (Self Drive) Global Industry Guide - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2016-2025
Global Car Rental industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The car rental market is defined as revenues generated by car rental companies for self-drive cars for hire. The market value is made up of car rentals for business, leisure purposes and Insurance replacement. Market volumes represent the size of the rental car fleet within the respective countries. The calculation excludes leasing and long term rentals. Taxis/cabs or any other passenger vehicles driven by drivers are excluded from the calculation. The distribution channels are represented by airport and non airport locations calculated for leisure and business segments only. Other distribution channel represents the value of the fleet rented for insurance purpose. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- The global car rental market had total revenues of $40,820.9m in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -11.1% between 2016 and 2020.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -6.1% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total fleet size of 4.8 million in 2020.
- Domestic and international tourism saw a marked decline in 2020 due to travel restrictions and lockdowns, which impacted the car rental market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global car rental market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global car rental market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key car rental market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global car rental market with five year forecasts by both value and volume.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global car rental market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global car rental market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global car rental market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global car rental market?