India Membrane Bioreactor Market Growth & Trends
The India membrane bioreactor market size is anticipated to reach USD 329.4 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 12.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rapid industrialization, rising population, and urban migration along with growing Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) in the municipal and industrial wastewater management sectors are anticipated to drive the market growth. The unregulated use of water, along with the effects of climate change, has pushed water to the top priority agenda for the government of India. Efficient water management and proper wastewater reuse for construction, gardening, and car wash among other things are expected to drive market growth for membrane bioreactors (MBR) in India.
The increasing adoption of environmentally friendly water and wastewater management technologies in the industrial sector is expected to augment the demand for membrane bioreactors over the forecast period. The development of resistant and cheaper polymeric membranes is further expected to boost market growth during the forecast period. The market is competitive and dynamic owing to the presence of various small- and large-scale manufacturers. The rapidly growing manufacturing sector on account of the Production Link Incentive Scheme in India coupled with stringent regulations for industrial wastewater treatment is expected to boost the market growth.
India Membrane Bioreactor Market Report Highlights
- The hollow fiber segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 67% in 2020 owing to the growing adoption of these products in the medium-sized industrial and municipal plants on account of their low weight and high reliability in different waters
- The municipal segment accounted for the maximum revenue share of over 80% of the revenue share in 2020 owing to the rapid urbanization, economic growth, and improved living standards, which increased waste generation
- The submerged configuration segment is projected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 on account of high energy savings that use coarse bubble aeration instead of high-rate recirculation pumps in side stream MBR
- The industrial application segment is estimated to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028. The government initiative, such as Housing for All and Smart City missions, which are expected to boost wastewater treatment requirements will drive the segment growth
- Manufacturers are focusing on the expansion of distribution networks to enhance the product reach. For example, in December 2020, Microdyn-Nadir introduced a new distributor partnership in India to improve customer service and product penetration in the market