The 2022 edition of the report provides a comparative SFAS framework analysis, developed originally by Wheelen & Hunger, on Europe’s Top 5 A&D Primes based on a holistic analysis of their strategic market positioning and degrees of responsiveness to the internal & external environments respectively amid a rapidly evolving industry, global macroeconomy and market landscape. The objective of the analysis is to assess as to how favorably is each company positioned against the prevailing market backdrop and how responsive it is to the nature & pace of changes taking place within its internal and external environment respectively. The framework generates an insightful strategic snapshot and a quantiative SFAS score for each OEM by identifying, weighing, prioritizing & ranking significant strategic factors present in the internal & external environments through an Internal Factor Analysis Summary (IFAS) matrix & External Factor Analysis Summary (EFAS) matrix respectively. These strategic factors are then ranked based on their strategic significance & potential degree of impact along-with each respective company’s corresponding degree of responsiveness to these factors. The final Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS) matrix amalgamates the IFAS & EFAS matrices into a single matrix followed by a re-evaluation & second level ranking & responsiveness rating, which leads to the generation of an overall score, thus, providing a holistic, overarching strategic view on each industry OEM.
The numeric SFAS scores and the corresponding analysis produced by the framework, thus, are highly useful for competitive & comparative analysis on industry players from a current as well as near term perspective with the framework analyzing the ability of each OEM to be able to create & capitalize on potential growth opportunities effectively by harnessing & navigating the changing market & technology landscape effectively while leveraging structural & core strengths and negating threats & overcoming challenges simultaneously.
SFAS, as a framework, thus, scores significantly over the traditional SWOT analysis framework, in terms, of its ability to quantify a range of strategic factors based on the nature & potential degree of effect of each strategic factor being analyzed, thereby, making it a much more effective tool for competitive assessment and comparative analysis of industry players.
Relevance & Usefulness of the Report:
The report provides insights & inputs to be incorporated into the broader competitive assessment, strategic planning & decision making processes.
The report will be useful for:
- - Competitive Assessment, Comparative Analysis & Strategic Planning
- - Overall Strategic Equation & Quantified, Numeric SFAS score for each Company based on analysis of Strategic Positioning, Market Dynamics & Responsiveness.
- - Holistic, Comparative Analysis on & Ranking of the industry OEMs based on SFAS Scores.
- - Analysis of degree of Congruence between Emerging Market Landscape & Strategy focus across OEMs
- - Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- - Analysis & Assessment of Emerging Market, Technology Trends & Developments
- - Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Market & their overall Dynamics
- - Market Evolution Analysis with Medium Term Demand Growth Projections & Outlook
The report will be essential & a key resource for those associated with and having strategic interest in the Global Aerospace & Defense Market. The report will be especially useful for
- Key Decision-Makers
- Program Managers, Defense Departments & Defense Procurement Executives
- Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies
- Industry OEMs
- Suppliers, Vendors, Technology & MRO Services Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain
- Existing & potential Investors
- Industry & Company Analysts
- M&A Advisory Firms
- Strategy & Management Consulting Firms
- PE Firms, Venture Capitalists and Financing & Leasing Companies
- Researchers and all those associated with the industry