India anti-fungal drugs market is expected to reach USD1562.73 million by FY2027, growing at a double digit CAGR of 10.49% over the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of fungal infections such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, candidiasis, fungal nail infection, among others is driving the demand for anti-fungal drugs in India. Anti-fungal drugs inhibit the growth of fungus on the host cell and eliminate the presence of fungal infection. Strong government support coupled with launch of various healthcare schemes such as Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana to provide free healthcare facilities along with reimbursement facilities to patients in dire need of receiving healthcare treatment is boosting the growth of the anti-fungal drugs market. Rising disposable income among the middle-class families is enabling them to increase their healthcare expenditure for obtaining quality treatment. Increasing investments to continue research and development activities for development of anti-fungal drugs is expected to accelerate the market growth for the forecast period. Rise in awareness towards keeping a healthy body and adoption of healthy lifestyle is fostering the anti-fungal drugs market growth. Also, the use of anti-fungal drugs in treatment of coronavirus is expected to propel the growth of the anti-fungal drugs market.
India anti-fungal drugs market is segmented into drug class, indication, infection type, route of administration, end-user, distribution channel, regional distribution, and company. Based on drug class, market is further divided into azoles, Echinocandins, polyenes, allylamines and others. The azoles segment is expected to dominate the anti-fungal drugs market in the forecast period. Growing awareness among patients especially through social media campaigns and camps by government authorities is expected to fuel the demand for anti-fungal drugs. Increasing sales of pharmaceuticals along with presence of disposable income is accelerating the market growth. Based on indication, the market is segmented into candidiasis, aspergillosis, dermatophytosis, mucormycosis and others. The candidiasis segment is expected to dominate the market in the forecast period, owing to the high number of cases related to the fungal species.
The major players operating in the India anti-fungal drugs market are Pfizer India Ltd., Cipla Ltd., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Viatris Inc. (Mylan NV), Lupin Ltd., Zydus Cadila Ltd., Novartis India Ltd., Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Abbott Laboratories Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Bayer AG, Dabur India Ltd., Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd., BDR Pharmaceuticals Internationals Pvt. Ltd., Lifecare Innovations Pvt. Ltd., Mankind Pharma and others. Major companies are developing advanced drugs and launching new products to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new product developments.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: FY2017-FY2020
Base Year: FY2021
Estimated Year: FY2022E
Forecast Period: FY2023F–FY2027F
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze the historical growth in the market size of India anti-fungal drugs market from FY2017 to FY2021.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of India anti-fungal drugs market from FY2022 to FY2027 and growth rate until FY2027.
- To classify and forecast India anti-fungal drugs market based on drug class, indication, infection type, route of administration, end-user, distribution channel, regional distribution, and company.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the India anti-fungal drugs market.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India anti-fungal drugs market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India anti-fungal drugs market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India anti-fungal drugs market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in India anti-fungal drugs market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of manufacturers across India. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the manufacturers who could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the manufacturers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across India.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of India anti-fungal drugs market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these drug class and indication for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Anti-fungal drugs manufacturing companies
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to anti-fungal drugs market
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India anti-fungal drugs market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Drug Class:
- India Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Indication:
- India Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Infection Type:
o Superficial Fungal Infection
o Systemic Fungal Infection
- India Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Route of Administration:
- India Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By End-User:
- India Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Distribution Channel:
o Retail Pharmacy
o Hospital Pharmacy
o Online Pharmacy
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India anti-fungal drugs market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).