This report aims to provide a comprehensive study of the global market for AWM products and technologies. It describes the different types of AWM products (advanced nonbiological wound dressings, wound biologics/bioactives, external wound healing devices, anti-adhesion products and other advanced consumable technologies and wound closure sealants and glues) and their current and historical market revenues. Advanced nonbiological wound dressings are categorized in foam, hydrogel, film, alginate and gelling fiber, hydrocolloid, superabsorbent, contact layer, and other advanced nonbiological wound dressings. Wound biologics/bioactives are divided into cellular and tissue-based products (CTPs)/skin substitutes and other biologic therapies. External wound healing devices are segmented into negative pressure wound therapy systems, oxygen therapy devices and other external wound healing devices. The market for anti-adhesion products and other advanced consumable technologies is divided into anti-adhesion products and advanced debriding and cleansing agents.
This report also studies applications for advanced wound management products: acute wounds and chronic wounds. The AWM market for acute wounds includes surgical and traumatic wounds and burns. The AWM market for chronic wounds includes diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, and venous leg and other ulcers. An in-depth analysis of the global AWM market includes historical data and market projection on sales by product type, application, end user and region.
For a more in-depth understanding of the market, the report provides profiles of the competitive landscape, key competitors and their respective market shares. However, this report does not cover support /complementary products that are used to enhance wound healing outcomes, such as compression systems, skin protectants, cover dressings, tapes and wound assessment tools.
- 31 data tables and 46 additional tables
- An updated review of the global market for advanced wound management (AWM) products and technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020, estimates for 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Highlights of key market dynamics (DROs) for advanced wound management products, regulatory scenario, and impact analysis of COVID-19 crisis on the growth of this market
- Estimation of the current market size and revenue forecast for AWM markets, and corresponding market share analysis by product type, end use, application and geographic region
- Discussion of market trends and industry structure with relate to advanced wound management, applications and business considerations of AWM products and technologies, and descriptions of relevant market forces
- Insight into the recent industry strategies, M&A deals of the major players operating within the global market; their key competitive landscape and company share analysis
- Review of selected new AWM products in development and emerging technologies, clinical trial applications, and potential markets for future developments
- Descriptive company profiles of the major market participants, including 3M, AbbVie Inc., Cardinal Health, Integra LifeSciences, Smith & Nephew PLC and Urgo Group