The per capita expenditure of cigarettes was higher in Canada when compared to global and regional levels in 2020. Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel in the cigarettes category in 2020. Philip Morris International Inc is the leading company across the cigarettes category in 2019
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the tobacco sector in the Canada, as part of GlobalData’s global coverage of the sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Context: The report provides comparative analysis of the value shares of the Canada in the North America and global tobacco sector. Additionally, the per capita expenditure of tobacco in the Canada is also compared with the North America and global levels.
- Market Size and Structure : The report offers an overview of the growth at a sector level and provides analysis of three categories: cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and smoking tobacco. These categories are analyzed by value, volume, and CAGR for the period 2015-2025. The section also includes value analysis of segments, value and volume analysis of sub-segments segments under each category for the period 2015-2025.
- Production and Trade: Provides analysis on per capita expenditure of tobacco in the Canada, by category, compared to the North America and global markets. Further, analysis on the leading distribution channels at category level in 2020. The consumer sector reports cover the following eight distribution channels: cash & carries and warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, e-retailers, hypermarkets & supermarkets, tobacco specialists, vending machines, and other general retailers.
- Taxation : It covers taxation landscape in the country and effects in the tobacco sector
- Manufacturers and Brands: The report provides analysis on leading companies by category in 2019 and analyzes the market share and growth of private label in each category.
- The Smoking Population: The report covers consumption of tobacco by gender in the Canada.
- Operating Constraints: The report cover the impact of policies and regulation on tobacco sector in the Canada.
- Prospects and Forecasts: The report covers forecast analysis of categories in the tobacco sector
- Macroeconomic analysis: The report also provides an outlook on macroeconomic indicators in the Canada, with a detailed summary of the economy, labor market, and demographics.
- Exchange rates: Exchange rates used to convert local currency to US dollars are annual average floating exchange rates.
- Time period: The report provides sector value and volume data, including category and sector level data for the period 2015-2025. Distribution channel data is of 2020, and company data is included for 2019.
- Per capita expenditure of tobacco was lower in Canada than the regional level in 2020
- Cigarettes is the largest category in both value and volume terms in 2020, in the Canadian tobacco sector, in 2020.
- The per capita expenditure of cigarettes was higher in Canada when compared to global and regional levels in 2020
- Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel across all the categories in tobacco sector
- Philip Morris International Inc is the leading company across the cigarettes category in Canada in 2019
- Smoking prevalence in Canada is estimated at 10% in 2020 with 12% of men and 9% of women classified as smokers
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.