Italy Dropshipping Market Growth & Trends
The Italy dropshipping market size is expected to reach USD 5.82 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 18.1% from 2021 to 2028. Although e-commerce penetration is lower than 5% in Italy, the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 proved transformational for the online business models. Since the outbreak of coronavirus and the resultant lockdown, the uptake of online shopping has witnessed a surge. While it is early to deduce whether the pandemic will bring about a massive shift in consumer buying behavior or not, it is most likely expected to result in changing shopping habits among consumers.
A shift in consumer preference for online shopping amidst the pandemic will bring about several changes to the logistic and e-commerce sector in the country. Although the grocery and provision sector has been at the forefront in online shopping through 2020, we expect this will create a shift in consumer buying patterns, with habits gradually expected to change from brick-and-mortar to online shopping. These changing patterns will create considerable opportunities for online marketplaces that offer various product categories ranging from apparel to electronics.
Italy Dropshipping Market Report Highlights
- E-commerce growth has resulted in investments in the Italian logistics sector. In 2019, these investments exceeded USD 1 billion, an uptick over the last couple of years. The growth in online commerce came on the back of investments in the logistics sector in 2017, mainly because of the Logicor deal
- Growing smartphone penetration and access to the internet have emerged as the key factors driving the market growth. In Italy, the smartphone penetration rate is over 40%, and it is estimated that, by the end of 2025, more than 70% population in the country is estimated to use a smartphone
- Several companies, such as Shopify and Magento, Inc., to name a few, are developing mobile applications for sellers to manage multiple suppliers across the dropshipping business
- Even the e-commerce software companies are focused on designing multi-vendor dropshipping mobile applications with features that allow sellers in managing orders, location tracking, addition/editing of products, viewing transaction lists and product lists, and more
- Such innovations/software upgrades help companies manage their dropshipping businesses smoothly. The increasing adoption of these solutions is expected to drive the market growth