Clinical nutrition is nutrition for patients in a healthcare setting. It is the practice of assessing whether a person is consuming an adequate amount of nutrients. This report analyzes market trends for clinical nutrition with data from 2018-2019, estimates from 2020, projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGR) through 2025 (forecast period 2020-2025) and regional markets for clinical nutrition.
The market has been segmented by type, application, end user and geography. By type, the market is segmented into enteral nutrition, parenteral nutrition and infant nutrition. The infant nutrition segment covers milk-based, organic, soy-based, prebiotics, probiotics and follow-up products. The enteral nutrition segment covers standard nutrition and disease-specific nutritional support. The parenteral nutrition segment in this report includes carbohydrates, lipids, trace elements, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Products include, but are not limited to, the segments considered in this report. The applications of clinical nutrition considered in this report include therapeutic applications and healthcare settings. In therapeutic applications, the report covers oncology, gastroenterology, nephrology, neurology, diabetes, immunology, critical care and other diseases. The healthcare settings segment includes acute care hospitals, nursing homes, homecare settings and inpatient rehabilitation facilities. This report also includes a detailed background of medical nutrition therapy: oral nutrition supplements (dietary supplements, functional and fortified foods and food intolerance products) and clinical nutrition routes, enteral and parenteral. Market sizing was done for infant, enteral, parenteral, adult and elder nutrition. A regional market analysis for clinical nutrition is also covered in this report.
The research uncovers many paradigm shifts in the studied market, in terms of regional competitive advantage, competitive landscape among key players and market dynamics. A holistic study of the market has been carried out, incorporating various factors, from country-specific demographic conditions and business cycles to market specific microeconomic influences needed to analyze the future trends of this market. The report provides a comprehensive review of market drivers, restraints, opportunities and available patents. Key vendor analysis, new products, developments and financials are also provided, to enable easy decision making.
- 28 data tables and 55 additional tables
- An updated review of the global market for clinical nutrition within the industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2018-2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Highlights of the key market regulations, new advances in clinical nutrition and nutritional sciences, and increasing demand for specific nutritional products; and their impact on the stakeholders in this market
- Estimation of current market size and potential growth forecast for clinical nutrition market, and corresponding market share analysis by nutrition type, end user, application area, and geography
- Analysis of market opportunities with a holistic study of Porter’s Analysis and PEST Analysis for relevant geographic regions in the clinical nutrition industry
- Competitive Landscape featuring major companies in the clinical nutrition market, their financial information, company share analysis and key development strategies
- Review of the U.S. patents issued for innovations in clinical nutrition products
- Profile description of the market leading players, including Abbott, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter, Danone, DSM, Mead Johnson Nutrition Co. (MJN), Nestl? and Fresenius Kabi