India drug delivery devices market was valued at around USD564 million in FY2020 and is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of 8.05% during the forecast period. The India drug delivery devices market is driven by growing use of drug delivery systems in healthcare facilities. Growing awareness regarding drug metabolism is expected to propel the market growth through FY2026. In addition to this, increasing pervasiveness of chronic infections among the population is further anticipated to bolster the growth of India drug delivery devices market in a positive way.
With COVID-19 infections rising, the apprehension regarding a shortage of essential life-saving devices and other essential medical supplies to prevent the spread of this pandemic and provide optimum care to the infected also widens, which is anticipated to fuel the market growth over the coming years.
The India drug delivery devices market is segmented based on devices, route of administration, patient care setting, application, company, and region. Considering the patient care setting, the market is fragmented into hospitals, diagnostic centres, ambulatory surgery centres, and others. Among these, the hospitals segment dominated the India drug delivery devices market until FY2020 and is further anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period as well. This high growth can be attributed to the significant number of inpatient and outpatient visits to hospitals and requirement of large volumes of drugs and their respective delivery devices to accommodate to the demand of the large patient pool.
Major players operating in the India drug delivery devices market include Pfizer Limited, Novartis India Limited, India Medtronic Private Limited, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited, Cardinal Health India Private Limited, B. Braun Medical India Private Limited, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited., 3M India Limited, Cipla Limited, Bayer Pharmaceuticals India Ltd and others. The market players are adopting some competitive strategies such as technological developments, mergers & acquisitions, partnership, collaborations, agreements to expand their geographic reach and to increase their customer bases.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: FY2016-FY2019
Base Year: FY2020
Estimated Year: FY2021
Forecast Period: FY2022–FY2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyse and estimate the market size of India drug delivery devices market from FY2016 to FY2019.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of India drug delivery devices market from FY2020 to FY2026 and growth rate until FY2026.
- To classify and forecast India drug delivery devices market based on route of administration, device, patient care setting, application, company, and regional distribution.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the India drug delivery devices market.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India drug delivery devices market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India drug delivery devices market.
- To identify and analyse the profile of leading players operating in India drug delivery devices market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in India drug delivery devices market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of manufacturers across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analysed the manufacturers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the country.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of India drug delivery devices market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analysing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Drug delivery devices manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers.
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to drug delivery devices.
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers, partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India drug delivery devices market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Drug Delivery Devices Market, By Device:
o Transdermal Patch
- India Drug Delivery Devices Market, By Route of Administration:
o Oral Drug Delivery
o Injectable Drug Deliver
o Topical Drug Delivery
- India Drug Delivery Devices Market, By Patient Care Setting:
o Diagnostic Centres
o Ambulatory Surgery Centres
- India Drug Delivery Devices Market, By Application:
o Respiratory Diseases
o Cardiovascular Diseases
- India Drug Delivery Devices Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India drug delivery devices market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).