India Yogurt Market is forecast to grow at the double-digit CAGR of 15.93% in the forecast period till FY2026 due to growing presence of online delivery companies such as Big Basket, Grofers and Amazon in India as these companies are offering various products in the fresh dairy segment and offering two hours and one day delivery options at the selected cities in India, driving the growth of the India yogurt market through FY2026. At the same time companies operating in the Indian Yogurt Market are enhancing their product portfolio and offering various local and international flavors in order to cater to the growing demand for yogurt, especially from the urban Indian consumers. All the above-mentioned factors are expected to propel the growth in the Indian Yogurt Market in the forecast period. Furthermore, the increasing demand for yogurt types such as low fat, fat free, non-dairy based and organic is increasingly growing among the Indian consumers, and this will act as catalyst in the growth of the India Yogurt Market in the forecast period through 2026.
India Yogurt Market on the basis of form is segmented into conventional yogurt, set yogurt, greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, yogurt drinks and others. In the base year FY2020, conventional yogurt held the largest market share among all the other segments due to low cost and availability on multiple platforms.
On the basis of fat content, India Yogurt Market is divided into regular, low fat and fat free yogurt types. In the base year FY2020, regular type yogurt held the largest market share in the India Yogurt Market because of its affordable price and easy availability. However, low fat and fat free yogurt segments are getting extremely popular among the consumers in India due to their proven health benefits. Companies operating in the yogurt segment are highly focusing on providing yogurt with claims such as low fat or fat free, which is further pushing the sales of the products. Currently, only a few companies are providing products in these segments but looking at the increasing demand from consumers, other companies would like to focus on enhancing their product portfolio in the forecast period.
India Yogurt Market on the regional segmentation is divided into North, East, South, and West. In the base year FY2020, North region recorded the largest market share in the India Yogurt Market due to its large population base, higher GDP and enhanced reach among distributors and retailers.
Some of the leading companies in the India Yogurt Market include Nestl? India Limited, Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Limited, Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Private Limited, Drums Food International Private Limited, Britannia Industries Limited, Cocoberry Retail Pvt. Ltd., Heritage Novandie Foods Private Limited, Red Mango FC, LLC., and Parag Milk Foods Limited, among others.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: FY2016-FY2019
Base Year: FY2020
Estimated Year: FY2021
Forecast Period: FY2022-FY2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze historical growth in market size of India Yogurt Market from FY2016 to FY2020.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of India Yogurt Market from FY2021 to FY2026 and growth rate until FY2026.
- To classify and forecast India Yogurt Market based on type, fat content, form, packaging type, distribution channels, regional distribution.
- To define, classify and forecast India Yogurt Market on the basis of segment (Non-Flavored and Flavored)
- To scrutinize the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size segmenting India Yogurt Market into four regions namely north, south, east, and west.
- To identify tailwinds and headwinds for India Yogurt Market.
- To get an idea about the consumers’ behavior towards brand awareness, sources of information and factors influencing purchase decision.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, supply contracts and mergers and acquisitions in the India Yogurt Market.
- To evaluate competitive pricing, average market selling prices and trends in the India Yogurt Market.
- To strategically profile the leading players, which are involved in the supply of yogurt products in India.
TechSci Research performed primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of yogurt producers and suppliers in India. TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research was able to include producers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed product offerings, end use sectors, and regional presence of all major yogurt suppliers across the country.
TechSci Research calculated the market size for India Yogurt Market using a bottom-up approach, wherein producers’ value sales data for different types of yogurt such as (non-flavored and flavored), was recorded and subsequently forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally them validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company annual reports, white papers, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Yogurt producers, suppliers, and other stakeholders in India
- Associations, organizations, and alliances related to dairy industry.
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers.
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders such as yogurt producers, distributors, suppliers, and policy makers to understand which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, India Yogurt Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Yogurt Market, By Type:
- India Yogurt Market, By Fat Content:
o Low Fat
o Fat Free
- India Yogurt Market, By Form:
o Conventional Yogurt
o Set Yogurt
o Greek Yogurt
o Frozen Yogurt
o Yogurt Drinks
- India Yogurt Market, By Packaging:
o Tetra Packs
o Plastic Bottles
- India Yogurt Market, By Distribution Channel:
o Convenience Stores
o Independent Small Grocers
- India Yogurt Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the India Yogurt Market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Channel Partner Analysis
- Detailed list of distributors and dealers across the country.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
- Detailed analysis of new products in the market and their driving forces in the market.