Global nuclear imaging equipment market stood at USD4.05 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of 6.51% during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer, neurological disorders, among others. Additionally, growing preference for hybrid modalities over the standalone ones is a major driver for the growth of the market during the forecast period. Besides, technological advancements majorly in radio tracers coupled with growing investments by market players in both public and private sectors to upgrade the existing diagnostic centers network is further expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market growth over the next few years.
The growing focus on personalized medicines is further expected to spur the growth of the global nuclear imaging equipment market during the next five years. Early detection and detailed diagnostics of radioactive substances in body leads to early disease prevention and aids in clinical research. Nuclear imaging equipment aids in treatment process thereby contributing to increase in demand for the nuclear imaging equipment market.
Global nuclear imaging equipment market is segmented into type, application, end user, region, and company. Based on product type, PET imaging systems is expected to witness the highest growth of 6.85% during the forecast period, which can be attributed to its wide application in tumor detection.
Based on regional analysis, North America dominated the market in 2020 with an overall market share of 38.05% and is expected to hold major market share till 2026 owing to huge number of equipment sold and implementation of advanced technologies for treatment of diseases.
The major players operating in the global nuclear imaging equipment market are Siemens Healthineers AG, GE Healthcare, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Canon Medical Systems Corporation, Digirad Corporation, SurgicEye GmbH, Mediso Ltd., MILabs B.V., MR Solutions Ltd., DDD- Diagnostics A/S, Segami Corporation, Mirion Technologies (Capintec), Inc., CMR Naviscan, Positron Corporation, Neusoft Medical Systems Co., Ltd., and others. Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new services to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new service developments.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2016-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022–2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze the historical growth of the market size of global nuclear imaging equipment market from 2016 to 2020.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of global nuclear imaging equipment market from 2021 to 2026 and growth rate until 2026.
- To classify and forecast global nuclear imaging equipment market based on type, application, end user, region, and company.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the global nuclear imaging equipment.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global nuclear imaging equipment.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global nuclear imaging equipment.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global nuclear imaging equipment.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in global nuclear imaging equipment market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of manufacturers across the globe. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the manufacturers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the globe.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of global nuclear imaging equipment market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated them through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Nuclear imaging equipment manufacturing companies
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers.
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to nuclear imaging equipment.
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, global nuclear imaging equipment market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market, By Type:
o PET Imaging Systems
o Gamma Camera Imaging Systems
? SPECT Imaging Systems
? Planar Scintigraphy Imaging Systems
- Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market, By Application:
- Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market, By End User:
o Hospitals & Clinics
o Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market, By Region:
o North America
? United States
? United Kingdom
? South Korea
o Middle East & Africa
? Saudi Arabia
? South Africa
o South America
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in global nuclear imaging equipment market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).